Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Infant Restraints in Premium Cabin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Infant Restraints in Premium Cabin

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Semi related.... United is selling these

Old Mar 22, 2016, 4:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
Originally Posted by Eclipsepearl
For any U.S. company, the FAA stipulates that car seats (with FAA stickers) have to be accepted if the child has his or her own seat and fits the car seat. This is up to 18 years old so the age of the child is not a factor (this basically covers children with special needs so they no longer have to justify the use of a restraint).

In theory, this should cover the CARES harness so UA wouldn't have the authority to refuse it. Of course, it may not fit (which I'm guessing is your experience).

Individual airlines in the U.S. can't override FAA regs.
Eclipse is correct. The CARES is also allowed on United per FAA

Read https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news...ts-080414.html
Old Apr 1, 2016, 11:01 pm

Just a note that I successfully used the C.A.R.E.S. restraint in Premium Economy on KLM (YYZ to AMS) then AMS to BSL without any issues.

Definitely glad we took that and the umbrella stroller instead of the carseat.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 1:49 pm

Programs: AC*G
CARES on United BusinessFirst

We are looking to fly EWR-HAM in UA BusinessFirst. We have an 18 months and 4 year old (at the time of the flight). Both kids are big and the 4 year old will be ok with just the seatbelt (>44lb) but the little one will need some support, I reckon.

Last time we flew with an infant in AA Business TATL we were able to squeeze the CARES harness over the seat and the crew was ok with it (although not excited). We took it off to make the bed flat and just used the normal seatbelt during the night.

Since it was a tight fit on AA, I'm wondering whether it's going to work on UA? We'd be fine holding him during take-off and landing if necessary but he should have his bed for the rest of the flight. But I read somewhere that if he has his own seat, he must use it.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Absolutely NOT the case that if he has his own seat he must use it, so long as he is <2 years old.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 11:11 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Anyone have experience with carseats in AC J?

Seems like the website says no due to airbags, will they not allow a seatbelt extender to disable the airbag?
Old Aug 9, 2023, 4:54 pm

Any info/experiences about using CARES in TK business on the A350 and A330?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.