Wiki Posts
Search

car seat sticker

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2010, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada, Frontier Airlines
car seat sticker

we have a chicco keyfit 30 car seat and want to take it on two trips, one to canada and one to amsterdam, i have searched and cant find where it says if it is compliant for air travel on the seat itself...

ant ideas where else i can look?
Old Jun 28, 2010, 8:23 pm

It will either be in the form of a decal like sticker affixed to the plastic on the side of the car seat (most common location) or in a few cases it will be printed on a cloth tag (similar to a mattress tag). The sticker basically says the seat is approved for automobile and airline use. If the sticker is not there, you will need a letter from the manufacturer stating that it is approved to be used on an airplane. If it fits the basic car seat requirements it's quite possible the f/a's won't even question it, but if you get someone that sticks to the book you will need the letter.
This applies to domestic flights, not sure what international carriers require, you would have to check with the individual carrier.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 1:57 pm

Programs: United Plus
Do you have the manual? That can work. Just be ready to show anyone who asks the page where it says it's approved. Or write the company and get a new sticker. I did that once and they were happy to send it.

Check page 38;
http://www.chiccousa.com/Files/pdf/p...ctions3_00.pdf

Either leave the base at home (if you wont be doing much driving) or pack it. Get used to the belt-only installation before you get on the plane!
Old Jun 29, 2010, 5:42 pm

If you cannot locate the compliance label, I would recommend that you follow Eclipsepearl's advice and contact the manufacturer for a replacement label. It is well worth the call if it results in you being able to use the CRS on board the aircraft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.