Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

delta drom den to msp/dtw to ams

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2010, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada, Frontier Airlines

we will be flying from denver to amsterdam via detroit or minneapolis in october and was wondering if anyone has done so with an 8 month old using their bassinets

thanks
Old Jun 29, 2010, 9:02 am

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
No, but you may want to check on the size limits. Many eight month olds are too large for most bassinets.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 2:59 am

Programs: United Plus
I couldn't find that information on their site!

I did find this, even though it's two years old. Bassinets don't change that much and that baby looks pretty big.

http://abhi-pravas.blogspot.com/2008...th-infant.html

Email them about your specific aircrafts and book it even if you're not sure.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 5:53 am

Programs: Delta Gold
I wouldn't trust an 8-month-old to a bassinet. Once babies are independently mobile, the bassinets don't seem particularly safe, even if the child does meet size guidelines.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 3:53 pm

British Airways had two sizes of bassinet when we used one last October. One was essentially a box, and I wouldn't use that for an 8 month old. But they also had one shaped more like a lounge chair or baby bouncer, and that fit my 17 lb baby. So it's going to depend on the size of your 8 month old and the type of bassinet that Delta has on that aircraft.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 12:27 pm

Programs: Delta Gold
I've only seen the box bassinets on Delta. Basically it's a cardboard box lined with two airplane pillows and a cloth cover that snaps down to hold the baby in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.