Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics > Town Hall - Official TalkBoard Voting Decisions
Reload this Page >

gleff re-elected TalkBoard President for 2010-2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2010, 1:21 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M
Original Poster

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)

On 1 Dec 2010, gleff was re-elected TalkBoard President by a 6-2-1 margin over jackal and Markie, respectively.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Spiff
On 1 Dec 2010, gleff was re-elected TalkBoard President by a 6-2-1 margin over jackal and Markie, respectively.
AGAIN? Shouldn't there come a time when someone gracefully steps aside to let others have a chance?

No disrespect intended to Gleff, as I'm sure he does a good job, but isn't this like the sixth year in a row he's been the president of the Talboard?

IMHO, the first matter of business for the Talkboard should be imposing term limits.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 10:38 am

Programs: AA GLD, HH, TSA Disparager Gold
I agree. It seems like there are quite a few FTers who want to serve in one capacity or another, but yet have no opportunity to do so. I understand the votes dictate who serves on the TB, but it seems to be the same folks year after year.

I knew I had little chance when I put my name in the hat, partly because of name recognition, FT participation and contribution, etc. and I have no problem with that all. I just wanted to try.

It would just be nice to see some variation on the TB, officers of TB, and even moderators. Term limits would be a good thing IMHO.

However, I do congratulate Gleff!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.