Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fee for Miles for US Airways

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2009, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Fee for Miles for US Airways

What does Thrifty charge to credit miles for a rental to US Airways Dividend Miles porgram?
Old Sep 4, 2009, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
$1.95 per day with a $5.00 cap.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 8:49 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by dldkjones
What does Thrifty charge to credit miles for a rental to US Airways Dividend Miles porgram?
Avis, Budget, and Hertz all charge the renter for the FF miles that the renter earn. For Avis and Budget the fee is 75 cents per day up to $5 total. This makes the normal earning of miles (50/day or 100/day) to be very unattractive. If there is a bonus of 2K, 3K, or more for a rental then the fee is not so bad.

Most airlines won't sell a customer a small amount like 50 or 100 miles. But they will sell a block of 1000 or 2000 to the member.

75 cents for 50 miles = 1.5 cents per mile. Granted, there is no fee or tax on this as there is with airlines when they sell miles.

$1.95 for 50 miles = 3.9 cents per mile. OUCH!

The only time I will give a rental car company my FF# when there is no bonus code is when I need to extend the expiration of miles on an account cheaply.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 9:21 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
According to Thrifty's web site there should only be a $0.95/day charge for Div Miles. Here.
Disclaimer
When a renter chooses to receive frequent flyer miles under this program, Thrifty will collect a frequent flyer surcharge of $0.95 per day, to offset a portion of Thrifty's annual cost of participation in this frequent flyer program.
This isn't the same for all airlines listed at Thrifty. The foreign carriers have no disclaimer about a FF surcharge. Southwest's rate is $1.50/day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.