FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thrifty | Blue Chip Rewards (closed to posting) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thrifty-blue-chip-rewards-closed-posting-425/)
-   -   Issue with Rental Rate (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thrifty-blue-chip-rewards-closed-posting/934603-issue-rental-rate.html)

deltasky Mar 21, 2009 8:37 am

Issue with Rental Rate

Hi,

I booked a rental using the promotion for the $10.00 weekend rate. I have used this rate for the past few weeks and haven't had an issue until last night.

I reserved the car for Friday night around 10pm and due to a late arrival I didn't arrive until just after midnight. When I arrived at the rental agency, they said the rate was now $35.00 per day because after midnight the $10.00 rate goes away and I have to pay the full rate.

I called the 800 Thrifty number and complained (customer service isn't open on weekends) and I complained at the counter and called today and complained and nobody seems to want to change the rate to the $10.00 rate that I booked the rental at.

I'm scheduled to return it tomorrow...what do I do? I wanted to resolve it before having to pay for it and then having to fight to get my money back. I couldn't find anywhere where you have to pay the full rate on the weekend code if you show up after midnight. I looked online last night and even if I booked it for after midnight it still showed as $10.00 per day.

Any thoughts?

jackal Mar 21, 2009 8:36 pm

Other than talking to the manager on duty at the location itself, Customer Care is really the best way to pursue this, but as you said, they're not open on the weekends. If no one at the location itself (including the manager on duty) is not willing to do anything, you can try calling the On Rent desk and asking for a supervisor--you can reach them at 877-283-0898, option 2 and then 0. I don't know if they'd really be able to do anything about it, though.

I would save the printout of your test booking showing that the rate doesn't go up even if booked after midnight.

I'm not familiar with the promotion, so sorry I couldn't be of any more help... :(

deltasky Mar 30, 2009 5:53 pm

Hi,

The manager at the rental location promised to credit me, but hasn't. I called Customer Care who is offering $50.00 in rental certificates although they technically owe me $75.00. Does anyone know how these "rental certificates" work if i were to take them? Should I just push for the cash back?

Tuneman1984 Mar 30, 2009 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by deltasky (Post 11500954)
Hi,

The manager at the rental location promised to credit me, but hasn't. I called Customer Care who is offering $50.00 in rental certificates although they technically owe me $75.00. Does anyone know how these "rental certificates" work if i were to take them? Should I just push for the cash back?

You can always try the BBB or challenging the charge on your credit card. As for the certificates, they work at any Thrifty location, no questions asked, and it doesn't matter if you're on any kind of corporate or promotional rate. They come in $25 denominations and you can combine them. The only obvious condition is that it can't reduce your rental rate past zero (i.e. $50 in coupons on a $38 ai rental).

jackal Mar 31, 2009 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by Tuneman1984 (Post 11501890)
You can always try the BBB or challenging the charge on your credit card. As for the certificates, they work at any Thrifty location, no questions asked, and it doesn't matter if you're on any kind of corporate or promotional rate. They come in $25 denominations and you can combine them. The only obvious condition is that it can't reduce your rental rate past zero (i.e. $50 in coupons on a $38 ai rental).

Also, the certificates are straight dollar vouchers--they are essentially used as cash. That is, they don't take money off just the base rate, leaving you to pay taxes--if a $20 per day bill for three days, with tax, comes to $82.97, you can give three $25 certificates and then pay the remaining $7.97 with your credit card.