Major increase in rental rates?????

Old Mar 18, 09, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Major increase in rental rates?????

Does anyone know why the weekly rate at LAS has more than doubled?
I've got a reservation for 5/25 - 6/8 at rate of 103 per week. Today I checked the rate (always looking for that bargain) and almost fell out of my chair when the new base rate was 455 for the same time period. What gives..anyone know?
Old Mar 21, 09, 11:31 am

Welcome to the world of irrational and insane pricing...

in the rental car world. It's not just LAS. And it's not just Thrifty. One moment they're cold, next moment they're hot. And to get a straight up answer as to why, well, that's impossible. Last few days, for example, I can get an economy car at Budget at the SJC airport for $300 or so (yes, insane), yet less than 2 miles away at a non-corporate Budget location, the same car goes for $118. And before someone chimes in and tells me that the business model for corporate locations is different, a month ago, or in another month, that same $300 car at the SJC location will be $130. Are they simply being responsive to demand? Nope, one glance at their overflowing storage lots will tell ya that ain't the case. Like I say, you'll never get a straight answer, talk about killing customer loyalty. Yep, you got that right. So the games go on...

Originally Posted by symar View Post
Does anyone know why the weekly rate at LAS has more than doubled?
I've got a reservation for 5/25 - 6/8 at rate of 103 per week. Today I checked the rate (always looking for that bargain) and almost fell out of my chair when the new base rate was 455 for the same time period. What gives..anyone know?

Search this Thread