Mid-Size SUV at LAS

Old Mar 11, 09, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Silver, HH Gold
Mid-Size SUV at LAS

Anyone know what kind of cars they are giving out as midsize SUVs at LAS lately?
Old Mar 11, 09, 10:44 pm
Moderator, Alaska Airlines & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR (ex-75K, GLD, 1K, and S+), Choice Diamond, HZ PC, Costco Exec, NPS Passport
Corporate locations usually feature Chrysler Corporation cars, so the lineup is going to be something like this:

CFAR (compact SUV): Jeep Patriot, Jeep Compass
IFAR (intermediate SUV): Jeep Liberty, Dodge Nitro
SFAR (standard SUV): Jeep Grand Cherokee
FFAR (fullsize SUV): Dodge Durango, Chrysler Aspen

They may slot the new Dodge Journey crossover in there somewhere, and they may have some leftover Chrysler Pacificas in there somewhere.

Might be some others I'm missing, but maybe this will give you an idea. Perhaps someone does have more specific info for you, though.

I did encounter a rogue Jeep Wrangler at CLT once, and you might encounter a Jeep Commander (though they're quite rare and would be in either the SFAR or FFAR classes) in there somewhere...

Last edited by jackal; Mar 11, 09 at 10:52 pm
Old Mar 12, 09, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Silver, HH Gold
Thanks for the info. I got a great rate for a week in June, and I am just hoping to get something fairly driveable that doesn't have a ton of miles on it.
Old Mar 12, 09, 8:37 pm
Moderator, Alaska Airlines & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR (ex-75K, GLD, 1K, and S+), Choice Diamond, HZ PC, Costco Exec, NPS Passport
Originally Posted by lauti View Post
that doesn't have a ton of miles on it.
With the state of the domestic auto industry and the lack of cheap cars rental companies can obtain, all companies are moving toward keeping cars longer. A friend just told me yesterday that his last Hertz rental was a Hyundai with 30,000 miles on it. So don't get your hopes up too high...

Search this Thread