Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to use Free Day Certificate?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2009, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

How to use Free Day Certificate?

I earned a free day certificate and tried to use it to book a one day rental. I entered the code, but in the end it priced out as if a normal rental. Should it show somewhere on the reservation that the cost will be free?
Old Feb 9, 2009, 11:20 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
At the first screen under "Promotion#" enter 'BCFD'. In my experience, the system usually erases the promo number anyways, and the booking is always priced out as per normal. You need to bring the paper certificate in with you anyways, so whatever happens with the booking, just show them the award certificate and they will adjust it.

It's far from a simple and smooth process but free is free. I wish they'd switch to National's all-electronic system. You get credited the award the instant you earn it, the confirmation shows the post-award price, and I've never had a problem at the rental counter.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
On a slightly related note, how long do rentals take to post? This most recent one will get me a free day. I returned the car early Sunday morning.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
On a slightly related note, how long do rentals take to post? This most recent one will get me a free day. I returned the car early Sunday morning.
Wow. Good question. I have no idea.

If your last rental was at a corporate store, I'd assume it's transferred over to the Blue Chip desk relatively quickly, since all the computer systems are interlinked. If your last rental was at a franchise, I'd give the franchise two or three days to post the contract to their general ledger before its data is uploaded to DTAG HQ, after which it should appear at Blue Chip.

There may be some delays, though. You can call the Blue Chip desk at 888-400-8877 and ask them if it's posted and then when your certificate will be mailed.

Last edited by jackal; Mar 10, 2009 at 9:59 am
Old Mar 10, 2009, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by jackal
Wow. Good question. I have no idea.

If your last rental was at a corporate store, I'd assume it's transferred over to the Blue Chip desk relatively quickly, since all the computer systems are interlinked. If your last rental was at a franchise, I'd give the franchise two or three days to post the contract to the general ledget before its data is uploaded to DTAG HQ, after which it should appear at Blue Chip.

There may be some delays, though. You can call the Blue Chip desk at 888-400-8877 and ask them if it's posted and then when your certificate will be mailed.
Thanks. I'll wait a few more days and then check the account, and if nothing, will call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.