Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long for partner miles to post?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2008, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
How long for partner miles to post?

Especially, and I know there isn't much history yet, Southwest RR credit?

Is there a regular "sweep" schedule?

Thank you.

Old Oct 13, 2008, 7:56 pm

I had a Thrifty rental that ended October 5th, and today, October 13th, I received my Southwest triple credit. Hope that's helpful.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thanks, randix. I had one on October 2, and it showed today -- dated October 2.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Firewind
Thanks, randix. I had one on October 2, and it showed today -- dated October 2.
My earning is preference is miles, and I completed a rental a few days ago (booked on Thrifty's website). Should it at least appear in the "My completed rentals" section within a few days? Or can that also take some time? Thanks.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by rrgg
My earning is preference is miles, and I completed a rental a few days ago (booked on Thrifty's website). Should it at least appear in the "My completed rentals" section within a few days? Or can that also take some time? Thanks.
Are you talking about the "My completed rentals" section of your Blue Chip profile? In my experience, that takes about 3-5 business days to load in. This will happen irrespective of which earning preference you've chosen.

If you're talking about showing up in your Southwest account, which is what the OP was asking, then no, that will take a good bit longer. Although I never chose to earn with Southwest, in my experience it took about two to three weeks to post miles from my rentals.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 10:25 am

I am taking advantage of the 1500 bous US miles for rentals >2 days, and it takes 9 days from the first day of the rental for the miles to post

10/3/2010 10/12/10 THRIFTY CAR RENTAL BONUS 150
10/3/2010 10/12/10 THRIFTY PREFERRED ONLY BONUS 1,500
Old Nov 2, 2010, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by docr775
I am taking advantage of the 1500 bous US miles for rentals >2 days, and it takes 9 days from the first day of the rental for the miles to post

10/3/2010 10/12/10 THRIFTY CAR RENTAL BONUS 150
10/3/2010 10/12/10 THRIFTY PREFERRED ONLY BONUS 1,500
Odd that it would be so consistent from the date you rent the car. The information isn't submitted to the system that processes the mileage until the rental contract is closed (since the length of time you actually rent the car affects how many miles you get), and actually, it's not usually until the next business day, since the contract has to be posted to the general ledger (generally by the business office) before it is uploaded to the after-rental processing systems. Are all your rentals the same length, or is that just a fluke?
Old Nov 5, 2010, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by jackal
Odd that it would be so consistent from the date you rent the car. The information isn't submitted to the system that processes the mileage until the rental contract is closed (since the length of time you actually rent the car affects how many miles you get), and actually, it's not usually until the next business day, since the contract has to be posted to the general ledger (generally by the business office) before it is uploaded to the after-rental processing systems. Are all your rentals the same length, or is that just a fluke?
All my rentals are 3 days. So I guess that is why it is so regular. Either that, or the computer is taking Metamucil and it stays regular.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.