Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Thrifty | Blue Chip Rewards (closed to posting)
Reload this Page >

Does any one know if changing return date to an earlier day is allowed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2014, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

I reserved a car in Thrifty for more than two weeks, and picked up my car yesterday. Now plan has changed and I need to end the trip in the weekend. Does any one know if I could change return date to the weekend? If so, will they charge me based on actual days I used the car (maybe plus the return change fee), or the full price of the two-weeks contract?

I cannot figure out that on the paper or policy. Anyone experienced this situation? Thanks.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 2:10 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

This thread has been moved into the Thrifty | Blue Chip Rewards forum.

Prospero
Senior Moderator
Old Sep 26, 2014, 5:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Originally Posted by OMUDA
I reserved a car in Thrifty for more than two weeks, and picked up my car yesterday. Now plan has changed and I need to end the trip in the weekend. Does any one know if I could change return date to the weekend? If so, will they charge me based on actual days I used the car (maybe plus the return change fee), or the full price of the two-weeks contract?

I cannot figure out that on the paper or policy. Anyone experienced this situation? Thanks.
Without knowing all the exact details of your booking and generalizing across my experience with all vendors, if booked directly with the company the rate will be repriced to reflect fewer rental days. Normally this means it goes down, but it is possible it goes up if, say, instead of week(s) it is now priced as days, or you bust special promotional rate terms.

If you booked through a third party, it is possible to probable an early return fee will be assessed. Which is why I dropped an online travel agent I really preferred to book cars through as a single-source vendor and book directly now.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 5:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Well, if it was a weekly rate it might be higher (5-7 days are usually cheaper than 4).

My only experience has been adding days to a current rental and they have been very fair about the additional per diems.

Why don't you call them and ask? Stating what the situation is might help (our additional days were for family emergencies and they were very sympathetic).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.