Cheap one-ways to FL in November or December

Old Aug 3, 14, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA:Lifetime Platinum;MR:Lifetime Titanium
Cheap one-ways to FL in November or December

Last April, Thrifty offered one way trips from the Miami area to PHL for the incredibly low price of $1.00 a day. Am wondering if they offer a similar deal in Nov or Dec back to the Miami area but can't find anything on their website.
Did they ever offer this in the past?
Thanks.
Old Aug 5, 14, 7:49 pm

Since the Hertz takeover, $1/day rates are rare. But yes, when Hertz has a FL one-way special, Dollar/Thrifty usually does, too, and sometimes for a slightly cheaper price. However, Dollar/Thrifty timing tends to be shorter and announced on short notice.
Old Aug 10, 14, 5:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Sometimes the rates can just show up on their website, without any big fanfare, advertising, or advance notice.
I'd suggest just check the cities you're interested in on the their website or orbitz, etc. frequently. And if you're flexible, expand the number of cities you look at.
I've just seen $1 Thrifty rentals in AZ, the other place that frequently has cheap one-way seasonal rentals. So they're still around.
Old Aug 11, 14, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA:Lifetime Platinum;MR:Lifetime Titanium
Picking & Choosing

Originally Posted by Jlove View Post
Sometimes the rates can just show up on their website, without any big fanfare, advertising, or advance notice.
I'd suggest just check the cities you're interested in on the their website or orbitz, etc. frequently. And if you're flexible, expand the number of cities you look at.
I've just seen $1 Thrifty rentals in AZ, the other place that frequently has cheap one-way seasonal rentals. So they're still around.
Great suggestion.

When I saw their note last winter, they were indicating that o/w rentals were possible from Miami to Philly. Would you suggest that I look Philly-Miami? It might be more obscure: e.g.: Albany to FLL.
I'm assuming that you found the AZ o/w because you are based somewhere in AZ.

Although I'm interested in getting a $1.00 o/w, I don't have access to an algorithm that can run a program finding conceivable match-ups. Why do you think that Thrifty would simply not put in a link?
Old Aug 11, 14, 1:18 pm

Because they don't want the whole world to come stampeding to their door in search of good deals. The "discount" brands generally have a small fleet, and thus limited flexibility. If they want to move a small number of cars, the deal can't be on for too long, nor widely advertised.

Search this Thread