FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thrifty | Blue Chip Rewards (closed to posting) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thrifty-blue-chip-rewards-closed-posting-425/)
-   -   SFO - good location? Fleet? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thrifty-blue-chip-rewards-closed-posting/1584192-sfo-good-location-fleet.html)

MrAndy1369 Jun 10, 2014 4:23 am

SFO - good location? Fleet?

This is my first time renting Thrifty at SFO (actually, Thrifty as a whole), and I'm a bit apprehensive because of mixed reviews on Yelp. Is Thrifty at SFO good? Do they have a nice fleet of new/newish cars? I'm hoping for a Nissan Altima or Ford Focus (I have a midsize reservation). I've reserved Alamo as backup, but Thrifty is cheaper.

Thoughts? I'm spoiled with Alamo and newer/nicer cars from other rental companies, including Avis and National.

linkerbox Jul 29, 2014 1:05 pm

Little late to this reply so probably no longer needed for you, but I rented from Thrifty at SFO about a half dozen times this past year for work and I always had good service. My car was already already ready for me as Blue Chip member and I even went to the window in the garage (as blue chip member) and was able to get different car easily. The garage window never had a line or maybe like one person.

Checking in when returning car was easy as well, longest wait was a couple cars ahead of me when the rep would walk around your car and give you a receipt but no more than 5 minutes, very reasonable.

I've always had good luck with Thrifty and they are usually always the cheapest deal I can find. I kind of feel bad I found a cheaper deal with Hertz for a recent trip since I like thrifty so much!

linkerbox Jul 29, 2014 1:06 pm

And FYI for others finding this thread, Thrifty is in the same location as all the other car rental companies, you take a trip on a train to the rental garage and then find your agency on one of the floors. Easy peasy.

flying chef Dec 25, 2014 7:11 am

First time renting with Thrifty at SFO. Getting a full size, which according to them in an Altima a or similar. Just curious as to what other 'full size' options there are. If they don't have full size, what might I end up with?

flying chef Jan 5, 2015 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by flying chef (Post 24050441)
First time renting with Thrifty at SFO. Getting a full size, which according to them in an Altima a or similar. Just curious as to what other 'full size' options there are. If they don't have full size, what might I end up with?

So to answer my question: Upon arrival, was told I would be getting a Ford Fusion. When I went to pick it up, it had been given to someone else. Ended up with a Chevy Impala, no extra charges. All in all, very pleased.