Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thrifty at SYR hidden charges

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2014, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Thrifty at SYR hidden charges

Slammed with extra hidden unexplained fees unless you object. Tripsaver charge added, 4.99 + taxes per day, for roadside assistance. Credit card usage fee of 3% also!
Old Mar 14, 2014, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

So, I complained about the TripSaver change of nearly $50 when I returned the rental at SYR. The charge was removed.

Was told by the agent that the owner of this Thrifty franchise mandates that his agents add Tripsaver insurance irrespective of whether customer asks for it or not - unless customer presents a AAA card (which is not asked for, by the way).
Old Mar 25, 2014, 12:34 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by fpmurphy
So, I complained about the TripSaver change of nearly $50 when I returned the rental at SYR. The charge was removed.

Was told by the agent that the owner of this Thrifty franchise mandates that his agents add Tripsaver insurance irrespective of whether customer asks for it or not - unless customer presents a AAA card (which is not asked for, by the way).
Complain to Thrifty HQ? Or Better Business Bureau?
Old Mar 28, 2014, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Complain to Thrifty HQ? Or Better Business Bureau?
Emailed complaint to Thrifty HQ. Never got a reply. Thrifty agent at SYR removed the change when I complained about it upon returning the vehicle and threatened to report it to New York AG.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 7:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Threatening a complaint and then not following through is exactly what these guys count on. If you said that you are going to do it and haven't done it yet, that's on you.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 11:50 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thrif...rip-saver.html You might find some useful info here. Looks like SYR picked up some tips from SLC where it has been going on for years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.