LHR hire

Old Oct 15, 2013, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Asia Miles, Krisflyer, skywards
LHR hire

Has anyone had any experience renting any of their 4x4/SUV's in the last six months?

They say "Range Rover Sport or Similar" for their top end cars and wonder if they are just using industry jargon.

Am a big believer of you get what you pay but they're always cheaper than their LHR competitors and dread what happen if I book some thing with them.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 10:14 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I've never rented one of their cars, but their office is at the Sheraton hotel and have seen what they had there.

When I was there a couple of years ago they had BMW X5s and Infiniti SUVs - all new and very clean. I've never seen an RRS but if it's in a group above the X5 you won't be getting a Ssangyong Rexton!
Old Oct 21, 2013, 5:01 am

I've just booked a one-way rental out of Bromley (as they call it but it's actually in Croydon) for a 'Luxury 4X4' next May. Luxury 4X4 is a few quid more than Premium 4X4 which, itself, is supposed to be an X5 or similar so I'm hoping I don't turn up to find the dreaded Ssangyong!

I tried Googling all over the place but can only find reviews from people who used to get 330s now getting top-spec A4s since Thrifty started moving to Audi. If they want to give me a Q7 I'm not going to say no.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 2:58 am
Original Poster

LHR hire

It's booked for Dec so I'll let you know the score once I'm done. Thanks.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 6:22 am

Cheers Paco, and good luck!
Old Oct 28, 2013, 5:18 am

Due to the storm this morning, I ended up walking to work and had to pass the Thrifty at Tower Bridge. I popped in and asked what they have on the fleet at the moment for the 4X4s.

Prestige ones are currently XC60s and Freelanders and the Luxury ones are RR Sports and X5s
Old Oct 29, 2013, 1:01 am
Original Poster

LHR hire

Thanks Wheeeee!!!

Update: Got lucky and got a brand new 2013 RRS.

Last edited by paco1979; Dec 14, 2013 at 12:39 am
Old Dec 15, 2013, 3:51 pm

LHR hire

Brilliant!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.