Thrifty at Honolulu airport?

Old Aug 23, 13, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Thrifty at Honolulu airport?

We made reservations through AAA with Hertz at Honolulu airport for 9 days. Some friends of ours said they are using Thrifty. They were quoted over $200 less so now we are reconsidering our rental company. Would anyone who has used Thrifty there please let me know if you were satisfied with them. We want to reserve a 4-door mid-sized car. Thanks for any info! We have never rented a car before.
Old Sep 18, 13, 7:05 am

I use use them last week for a mustang convertible, no problems but car was old for a rental 26000 miles
Old Sep 26, 13, 7:42 am

I have used them a couple of times at HNL without any problems.
Old Oct 3, 13, 5:26 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold, SPG Gold
They were fine, except it seemed that everyone on our shuttle was also Blue Chip so there was a brief wait.

And this is just a heads up, probably a non-issue because I'm sure it was US, but we *thought* we followed their return directions to the letter but ended up briefly lost but found them only because we could see them in the distance, following their directions *or so we thought* was not the correct thing to do.
Old Nov 21, 13, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

This location is off airport so a brief shuttle ride away- quick access from Nimitz (although a bit confusing as its off a frontage road).
Old Jan 9, 14, 7:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
Originally Posted by Eujeanie View Post
They were fine, except it seemed that everyone on our shuttle was also Blue Chip so there was a brief wait.

And this is just a heads up, probably a non-issue because I'm sure it was US, but we *thought* we followed their return directions to the letter but ended up briefly lost but found them only because we could see them in the distance, following their directions *or so we thought* was not the correct thing to do.

Do not use the GPS when returning the car, you will not be happy.

Search this Thread