Wiki Posts
Search

prepaid fuel charge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2013, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HA PUALANI GOLD
prepaid fuel charge

does anyone what the prepaid fuel charge is. in las vegas nv. I will be renting a car there this week from thrifty.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 10:29 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by hawaiian4
does anyone what the prepaid fuel charge is. in las vegas nv. I will be renting a car there this week from thrifty.
Typically it's an agreement that the rental station will charge you for a full tank of gasoline, at or slightly below local market prices. You get to return the car with however little gas left in the tank as you can manage.

Generally it's a bad deal for the customer so you should decline it up front and fill the tank on your own just before return.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 11:00 am

And while the headline rate may appear attractive they will add on taxes and airport surcharges which will mean you are paying significantly more than the local gas station price
Old Aug 25, 2013, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
Prepaid Fuel is mainly for convenience, not if you are trying to get ahead. Thrifty caps the price about once a month and doesn't change it if the local prices get lower. Although YMMV if you really need the convenience of Pre paid fuel, especially if you are returning outside of business hours (drop box)
Old Aug 30, 2013, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HA PUALANI GOLD
thanks thrifty wanted $59.00 plus at las I didn't take I filled it up and it only took a little over $20.00 to fill. maybe that's how they make more money off their rentals
Old Aug 31, 2013, 7:16 am

Prepaid Fuel is mainly for convenience, not if you are trying to get ahead.

Or if you're going one-way from a state with cheaper gas to a state with more expensive gas, ex LAS to California.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.