Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thrifty really knows how to drive customers away

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2013, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
So just how much work am I supposed to put into re-activating an inactive account????
Fair enough, but from the sounds of it, it seemed like you had no intention of re-activating your account anyway. I could be totally off, but that's what I got from your two posts.

I'm sure if you had specifically asked about re-activating your account, they probably(?) would have passed along that information.

Then again, it is Thrifty, so, who knows.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 1:41 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
According to the statement quoted on my local news radio, this was "an offer intending for Thrifty's top customers". So, basically they just revealed who they consider to be high value and who they don't. WELL DONE!

I was in the boat of knowing I hadn't done enough rentals, but thought maybe it was a promo since I had just done a rental for the first time in ages.

Also for what it's worth, round the parts where I was raised people kept their word no matter what. Just sayin'.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 3:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Originally Posted by Tuneman1984
Also for what it's worth, round the parts where I was raised people kept their word no matter what. Just sayin'.
Mistakes happen. Deal with it. Just sayin'.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:58 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch
Mistakes happen. Deal with it. Just sayin'.
I have actually. It's not the mistake that bothers me so much as how poorly it was handled. As far as keeping their word as I said previously, I certainly don't expect them to give every erroneous e-mail recipient a free rental day. But they could've acknowledged their mistake by offering a time-limited offer like a free upgrade or free day on a 3/5 day rental. That would at least give the impression of them giving something up for their mistake and minimal cost to the company (i.e. people might have been getting a free upgrade that day anyways).
Old Jul 28, 2013, 1:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
People always expecting the world for free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.