Thrifty/Auto Europa Excessive Charges

Old Jan 29, 2013, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Thumbs down Thrifty/Auto Europa Excessive Charges

Last year I rented a car for Rome through Thrifty. They use Auto Europa for their Italian rentals. I missed a toll and ended up seeing a debit card charge of $91 five months later. Approximately $14 was the Italian toll fine. The remainder, $77, was Auto Europa's charge. The contract I signed at the Rome airport states there is 60.50 euro charge for handling file expenses. This is a much too excessive charge. Thrifty says they charge $25. I tried to no avail to get Thrifty to get Auto Europa to lower the charges.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 8:17 am

Easy. Don't sign the contract if you don't want to pay the fine meaning rent from someone else. Don't bother with your credit card as it's a legally binding contract.

You forgot the actual toll in your analysis
Toll-- $XX.XX
Italian Fine- $14
Rental Fee- $60
Old Feb 4, 2013, 3:36 pm

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
HOW do you "miss a toll"?
Old Feb 4, 2013, 4:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP's better remedy is to rent only from companies which will pay his tolls for him. Hope he lets us know if he finds one.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 8:27 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Thrifty doesn't have much, if any, ability to lower the charges they get on stuff like this. They're passing on charges from others.

You "missed", as you say, a toll. Where I'm from, that means you "blew through" a toll.

Sorry.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.