Thrifty UK. What can I expect?

Old Aug 22, 12, 2:06 am
Original Poster

I'm flying back to the UK from Hong Kong this Saturday and have booked a hire car through the airline third party rental company, and Thrifty is the Hire company I will use.

The car category I chose from the third party agent is in the Landrover Discover or similar range.

When I checked out Thrifty's site, looks like they are renting out Volvo XC90 (Prestige 4 x 4 Auto) in that category. (Thrifty group FA7).

I'd really like a Landrover, but know that I can't really choose.

I looked at the next category up (Luxury 4 x 4) and they have listed BMW X5, or similar.

Does anyone have any knowledge on the cars available at Heathrow and any suggestions on whether I should upgrade to the Luxury class.

Many thanks
Tim
Old Aug 22, 12, 2:27 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Fairmont

How long are you going to be using the car for?
Old Aug 22, 12, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Sorry, I forgot to put that part in.

I collect the car Sunday 26th August and return it Thursday 6th Sept, so a total of 12 days.

I'll be driving down to Devon, then back to London, down to the South Coast and then up to the Birmingham area, before driving back to Heathrow.
There will be four of us with a fair amount of luggage. My friends have never been to the UK so I want to make sure we have a comfortable trip.
Old Dec 30, 14, 12:24 am

What did you get?

Search this Thread