Thrifty UK - Any Experiences?

Old Feb 26, 12, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Thrifty UK - Any Experiences?

How's their fleet & service in UK? Their premium/prestige cars seems quite attractively priced.
Old Mar 15, 12, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by senna60_94 View Post
How's their fleet & service in UK? Their premium/prestige cars seems quite attractively priced.
Very Good.
I have a monthly rental 28 day rolling with Thrifty UK - They are totally seperate from thrifty worldwide.

Had recently : 11 plate 320D Touring M Sport Spec. They called that back in last week having hit 13k miles.

Replaced for the same monthly rental :

Audi A4 TDI S Line - Leather, Bluetooth, S-Line Sports, Auto and Flappy paddle Gearbox, Fully loaded even with Sat Nav Built in. Cam with only 7 Miles on the clock. Metallic Grey with upgrade Alloys. Collegue had the exact same car two days later exact spec so looks like standard.

It looks like the replaceing all the BMW's with the relevant Audi over next few months so 3 series to A4, 5 Series to A5 and 7 Series to A6/A8

Not had one problem with them for cars, service and no hidden charges at all, the price quoted is what I get charged every 28 Days.
Old Jun 2, 12, 2:29 pm

hi

we're headed to UK for 3 weeks this July and picked up an A4 Premium Auto for $576.40.

Can anyone advise what the Audi trim level is for those hiring but not on a long-term lease?

We're going to be spending alot of time in the car...was almost tempted to go for the BMW M-Sport Estate...not alot more.

I emailed them and they said they couldn't guarantee what car we would have etc...but all i want to know is whether the Audi trim level is any good... or if i should upgrade to the BMW!

Thanks for any comments
Old Jun 7, 12, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by stuabroad View Post
hi

we're headed to UK for 3 weeks this July and picked up an A4 Premium Auto for $576.40.

Can anyone advise what the Audi trim level is for those hiring but not on a long-term lease?

We're going to be spending alot of time in the car...was almost tempted to go for the BMW M-Sport Estate...not alot more.

I emailed them and they said they couldn't guarantee what car we would have etc...but all i want to know is whether the Audi trim level is any good... or if i should upgrade to the BMW!

Thanks for any comments
I currently have an Audi A4 on hire from Thrifty UK.

Specification:

A4 2.0 TDI - Metallic Grey
Automatic with Flappy Paddle Gear Box.
SAT Nav
Audi S-Line Half Leather Seats - Wrap Around.
Full Parking Sensors with Display.
Full Bluetooth for Phone.
Ipod Conector in Centre Console.
Huge Boot.
HUge Space in Back Seats.
LED running LIghts.
Auto Sensors.
Multi Track CD.

I gave back a BMW 320 M-Sport Touring on an 11 Plate UK for this car and the spec on the Audi is 10x Beter than in the BMW, the BMW was nice but the audis they have are ALL S-LINE specification.

Hope this helps.
Old Jun 9, 12, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by Dazedwards View Post
I currently have an Audi A4 on hire from Thrifty UK.

Specification:

A4 2.0 TDI - Metallic Grey
Automatic with Flappy Paddle Gear Box.
SAT Nav
Audi S-Line Half Leather Seats - Wrap Around.
Full Parking Sensors with Display.
Full Bluetooth for Phone.
Ipod Conector in Centre Console.
Huge Boot.
HUge Space in Back Seats.
LED running LIghts.
Auto Sensors.
Multi Track CD.

I gave back a BMW 320 M-Sport Touring on an 11 Plate UK for this car and the spec on the Audi is 10x Beter than in the BMW, the BMW was nice but the audis they have are ALL S-LINE specification.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the feedback - is this a long-term hire though?

I'll be picking mine up from Gatwick Airport for 3 weeks in July so don't know if it'll be an S-Line like yours...but I do HOPE that's the case!
Old Jun 10, 12, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by stuabroad View Post
Thanks for the feedback - is this a long-term hire though?

I'll be picking mine up from Gatwick Airport for 3 weeks in July so don't know if it'll be an S-Line like yours...but I do HOPE that's the case!
The long term hire uses the same vehicles as the standard hire.
They only have one set of cars in the Premium range, so should be same specification.
It used to be all BMW but they have changed to Audi now, they have some wonderful Audi A6's in the range, I have been hopping for an free upgrade but not one come through yet..
Old Apr 10, 13, 12:24 pm

UK - Prestige Auto - BMW330D

Anyone have any recent experiences of the current Prestige fleet?

Last July we had a brand new Infiniti FX35 from Gatwick. Noone seemed to have seen that SUV in the UK... everyone kept asking us what it was. In fact they're pretty common here in Canada as an alternative luxury SUV to the usual Audi Qx or BMW Xx.

Anyway - got a BMW 330D booked for 10 days from GLA. If anyone knows what they might have in place of this...please update the thread.

Thanks
Old Jun 13, 14, 1:26 am

Programs: HHon Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TG Gold, QR Plat, OZ Gold, AF Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Priority Pass
Would love to hear more recent experiences also, am thinking of booking but love BMWs and generally not a fan of the Audis (driving dynamics)

Search this Thread