Are their full size SUV's 4WD?

Old Nov 6, 11, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA, Hertz Gold, United, Delta Skymiles,
Are their full size SUV's 4WD?

I need to rent a 4wd SUV and have asked two different people at Thirfty. The first told me all their SUV's are 4wd. The other told me I might get a 2wd. Does anyone know the definitive answer to this? I am renting from LAX.
Thanks!
Old Nov 21, 11, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Gold, DL/UA/AS Elite
Originally Posted by Kevin7743 View Post
I need to rent a 4wd SUV and have asked two different people at Thirfty. The first told me all their SUV's are 4wd. The other told me I might get a 2wd. Does anyone know the definitive answer to this? I am renting from LAX.
Thanks!
Have you called the people at the rental location?
Old Nov 22, 11, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVP (ex-75K), AA GLD, UA (ex-1K), AGR (ex-S+), HZ PC, Nat'l Exec, Costco Exec, NPS Passport
Originally Posted by mvoight View Post
Have you called the people at the rental location?
With Thrifty, it can be notoriously hard to get a hold of someone directly at the rental location, since all published numbers redirect to the central help-desk center in Durant, OK or the reservations line in Talequah, OK (or outsourced to the Philippines).

The number I have saved in my phone for LAX is 310-410-5401, but that information is from several years ago and now goes to some general delivery mailbox, that I can't attest is even affiliated with DTG anymore. Might be worth a try, however.

You may have some success calling the reservations or help-desk line and asking to be transferred directly to the LAX location.

Search this Thread