Wiki Posts
Search

EZ Pass In Denver

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2011, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
EZ Pass In Denver

There are a number of toll roads around Denver that require EZ Pass - there are no toll takers for cars that are not equipped. I am having trouble getting a straight answer about whether Thrifty cars have EZ Pass, and if so, is it available in all cars and how does it work. Any information or advice would be very helpful. Thanks
Old Aug 11, 2011, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
CO uses EZ pass or license plate toll. It makes no difference whether you have an EZ pass or not, rental or not. The rental company will send you the bill a few weeks later regardless. Only advantage if the car has the EZ pass is you save a dollar or something each time.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 2:45 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by keloutwest
The rental company will send you the bill a few weeks later regardless.
...along with a penalty for each toll charge, unless you take the rental company's toll pass option. Most rental companies at DEN will give you a brochure with BIG warnings about using the toll roads without the toll pass, so don't say you weren't warned...

Last edited by AutoSlash; Aug 13, 2011 at 2:52 am
Old Aug 13, 2011, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Originally Posted by JerryFF
There are a number of toll roads around Denver that require EZ Pass - there are no toll takers for cars that are not equipped. I am having trouble getting a straight answer about whether Thrifty cars have EZ Pass, and if so, is it available in all cars and how does it work. Any information or advice would be very helpful. Thanks
Are you sure it is EZ Pass? -- I thought DEN area toll roads used a different system.

My (probably faulty) recollection is that Thrifty's DEN location has a display about the pass on the counter, they ask during the rental signing if you will need it and, if you do, I think it is an extra-cost option. (I'm not 100% sure about it being an extra cost because I've never needed it during one of my DEN rentals.)
Old Aug 13, 2011, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by RatherBeOnATrain
My (probably faulty) recollection is that Thrifty's DEN location has a display about the pass on the counter, they ask during the rental signing if you will need it and, if you do, I think it is an extra-cost option. (I'm not 100% sure about it being an extra cost because I've never needed it during one of my DEN rentals.)
It is--I took it during a rental last year from Thrifty. I don't recall the exact amount ($4/day or $8/day or something like that), but I did pay.

I think, though, that it was a flat fee regardless of usage, unlike the toll transponders available for rent in the Northeast states.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.