Great rental experience with Thrifty at FLL

Old Jul 15, 11, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM/*A Gold, WN A+ CP, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Gold
Great rental experience with Thrifty at FLL

I had a great experience renting from Thrifty in FLL this past week. Everything went perfectly:

• The Thrifty counter is in the rental cars building across the street from the terminal, not miles away offsite like many Thrifty offices are.
  • The agent processed my Blue Chip paperwork very quickly, no attempt to upsell. (At least half of the time, agents waste my time going through the whole pitch for upgrades, fuel service, and insurance even though one of the benefits of Blue Chip is that they're not supposed to do that.)
  • The rental cars are in the garage behind the counter.
  • I got a fine car in great condition.
  • Minimal paperwork required to get out of the garage. I was on my way quickly.
  • Return was also quick, with a very polite check-in agent.

Many of the experiences we post about on FT are negative ones, where someone did something wrong. Let's also give attention when we catch people doing something right.
Old Mar 22, 13, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT UA GLD
Ft Lauderdale Choice Service

I am a new Blue Chip member who will be completing my first BC rental at FLL in June. I have a Premium Car reserved.
Given that this will be my first rental with BC, what will the process be?
What vehicles should I expect at FLL?
Old Mar 23, 13, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by infoguy View Post
I am a new Blue Chip member who will be completing my first BC rental at FLL in June. I have a Premium Car reserved.
Given that this will be my first rental with BC, what will the process be?
What vehicles should I expect at FLL?
You will have to visit the counter since you are a new BC and they need to verify your credentials (CC and License) You may be sent over to the Premium section to choose a car or if the location does not have that type of set up then the counter agent may choose one for you.
Old Mar 28, 13, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA PLT UA GLD
Can my credit card and drivers license be verified at another location prior to this rental?
Old Jun 14, 13, 9:50 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Cruiseport Thrifty

Thrifty has a location in FLL very close to the cruiseport. Super duper convenient.

Search this Thread