FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thrifty | Blue Chip Rewards (closed to posting) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thrifty-blue-chip-rewards-closed-posting-425/)
-   -   Hiring in orlando (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thrifty-blue-chip-rewards-closed-posting/1191240-hiring-orlando.html)

gckrj87 Mar 5, 2011 10:51 pm

Hiring in orlando

Hi, I will be visiting Orlando in May, to see my girlfriend, who is a disneyworld cast member. I will be renting a car from thrifty, she has a discount code from disney newsroom publication which says:

* Any applicable underage fee (ages 21-24)
* Any applicable additional driver fees
* Unlimited mileage within contiguous states

(I will be doing all the driving)
Can i make the reservation myself using my name even if i am not a disney cast member?
If she makes the reservation, will they waive the underage fee (I'm 23 years old) and the additional driver fee even if i am not a cast member?

Thanks in advance

Auto Enthusiast Mar 6, 2011 5:57 am

Have you tried the Hertz Underage Coupon?

MIT_SBM Mar 10, 2011 12:14 am

Originally Posted by gckrj87 (Post 15983062)
Can i make the reservation myself using my name even if i am not a disney cast member?
If she makes the reservation, will they waive the underage fee (I'm 23 years old) and the additional driver fee even if i am not a cast member?

Thanks in advance

Generally, the reservation has to be in the name of the person who is entitled to the benefit. You will definitely have to show real ID when renting the car (i.e. your driver's license) and you may be asked to show proof of eligibility to use the discount code (i.e. Disney ID). If you don't have it then the Thrifty doesn't have to honor the reservation. Then again, they might not ask for proof of eligibility. What is your risk tolerance level? How would your plans be affected if you were turned away at the counter for not being eligible?

jackal Mar 10, 2011 3:38 am

Technically, she would need to be the primary renter on the car. You should be able to be added as a fee-free additional driver (the underage fee waiver *should* apply to any additional drivers, too, though I am not certain if the computer system automatically honors that). If it's not a huge hassle to have her meet you at the airport to rent the car, that would be the optimal way to handle things.

Otherwise, it's up to you to try renting with her discount and seeing if you can get by with it; you could always try to do that and then fall back to having her come out and help you if you are "caught."

gckrj87 Mar 15, 2011 12:30 am

Thanks everyone!

I guess my best option will be having her pick me up at the airport and be the primary renter, i guess if they don't waive the additional driver fee, she could drive the car anyway.

Thank you :)

Orlando Vic Mar 16, 2011 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by gckrj87 (Post 15983062)
Hi, I will be visiting Orlando in May, to see my girlfriend, who is a disneyworld cast member. I will be renting a car from thrifty, she has a discount code from disney newsroom publication which says:

* Any applicable underage fee (ages 21-24)
* Any applicable additional driver fees
* Unlimited mileage within contiguous states

Thanks in advance

Why don't you use the Thrifty Orlando Magicard rate (corporate # 004M001010)?

It's freely available to all: http://www.visitorlando.com/discount...ource=magicard

Auto Enthusiast Mar 16, 2011 8:46 pm

It doesn't look like the Magicard waives the underage fee.