Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One way rental from Las Vegas to LAX

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2010, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

One way rental from Las Vegas to LAX

I'm thinking of getting one-way rental from Las Vegas airport to LA airport.
Drop off charge seems to be high on the web site.
Is there any way to avoid or reduce drop off charge?
Has anyone tried one-way rental from LAS to LAX?
Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 6:36 pm

Several people have asked this question. The answer is no, unless it's a $1/day one-way special. The unbundled drop charge is not to send cars "back" somewhere, since they're both corporate stores and licensee stores flat out deny one-ways most of the time. It's a different business model that forfeits the daily one-way market favored by business renters in favor of the long time, short distance leisure travelers. This reduces the transaction volume, which means fewer staff, but similar revenue as the others.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 2:40 pm

Programs: Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Several people have asked this question. The answer is no, unless it's a $1/day one-way special. The unbundled drop charge is not to send cars "back" somewhere, since they're both corporate stores and licensee stores flat out deny one-ways most of the time. It's a different business model that forfeits the daily one-way market favored by business renters in favor of the long time, short distance leisure travelers. This reduces the transaction volume, which means fewer staff, but similar revenue as the others.
How do you find the $1/day one-way specials? Do you just have to keep checking the websites? Have you ever seen one from LAS to LAX?

O.P., I did find a car at Avis using my Costco discount that did not have an extra drop charge, but it was a higher rate than two different rentals. (I was considering flying) It was must less than all the other companies because of no drop off charge.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 7:35 pm

The $1/day one-way specials are usually long-distance one-ways during the shoulder season, when demand is starting to shift from north to south or vice versa but the rates are still roughly equal at both the origin and destination cities.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 9:59 am

Programs: Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
The $1/day one-way specials are usually long-distance one-ways during the shoulder season, when demand is starting to shift from north to south or vice versa but the rates are still roughly equal at both the origin and destination cities.
Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.