Thrifty at Chicago OHare

Old Aug 22, 10, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Thrifty at Chicago OHare

Has anyone rented from Thrifty at ORD before? I never had to fly into ORD as my final stop before. I am flying American and believe I am coming into Terminal 3. Does Thrifty have a shuttle that goes from terminal to terminal to pick up its passengers? Or does ORD have a central rental hub where all the car agencies are located?

Tried looking on their website and don't see real information other then the prices. Cheapest price by far for this Tuesday - Friday is $39 a day for a mid-size (Ford Escape) SUV. Heck I can't even find a compact with any other company for under $200.

Thanks for your help!
Old Aug 25, 10, 7:28 am

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Thrifty's ORD location is out on Mannheim Road, just past a Hampton Inn. It doesn't take very long for their shuttle bus to get you out there, but their shuttle buses don't run quite as frequently as the other, more expensive rental car chains.

I've never waited more than 10 minutes at ORD for a Thrifty shuttle, but ten minutes seems like a very long time when the Avis buses are rolling up every 90 seconds or so...
Old Nov 21, 10, 7:08 am

Programs: Free Agent
Just rented from Thrifty O'hare last week. Shuttle seems like it takes forever, so leave lots of time on both ends of your journey. Traffic jam can cause delays esp during evening rush hour. Other than that, I agree- no one seems to be able to touch their pricing, so I keep giving them my business.
Old Aug 7, 11, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Thrifty also provides shuttle service for the Hampton Inn which is next to their rental place. Had horrible service on Friday getting to and from O'Hare. Only seems to run every 30 minutes. Think there is one driver early in the morning and two the remainder of the day. Would not rent from them. Hertz, Avis, Budget, National, Alamo had a bus every 5 minutes. Had to call twice to find out when the driver was going to arrive. Then the bus was packed with people. Could not take everyone so some had to wait another 20 to 30 minutes for the next bus.

Search this Thread