FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thrifty | Blue Chip Rewards (closed to posting) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thrifty-blue-chip-rewards-closed-posting-425/)
-   -   Unsubscribed Sat Radio (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thrifty-blue-chip-rewards-closed-posting/1093122-unsubscribed-sat-radio.html)

pinworm Jun 6, 2010 11:33 pm

Unsubscribed Sat Radio

Sometimes, as in the case of the trip I am going on tomorrow, I need to spend alot of time in the car facing multi-state drives.

I like that many rental cars have the XM radio, but I have no idea why it works in some cars, and in others it comes up as "unsubscribed". I have even taken a downgrade to get XM, and when I got into the car I saw that it was unsubscribed..very very annoying. Either offer it in all cars it is installed in, or do not offer it at all. Heck I would even pay a few more bucks to be put in a car garaunteed to have it...why, oh why is it a car to car issue?

jackal Jun 7, 2010 3:45 am

Originally Posted by pinworm (Post 14089524)
Sometimes, as in the case of the trip I am going on tomorrow, I need to spend alot of time in the car facing multi-state drives.

I like that many rental cars have the XM radio, but I have no idea why it works in some cars, and in others it comes up as "unsubscribed". I have even taken a downgrade to get XM, and when I got into the car I saw that it was unsubscribed..very very annoying. Either offer it in all cars it is installed in, or do not offer it at all. Heck I would even pay a few more bucks to be put in a car garaunteed to have it...why, oh why is it a car to car issue?

Thrifty does not pay for satellite radio.

On some vehicles Thrifty sources, the satellite radio may come with a few months or a year of free service, but then it deactivates, and since Thrifty does not pay for it, the satellite radio stops working.

When you have a car with working satellite radio, that means you have a fairly new car on which the subscription has not yet expired.

When you have a deactivated radio, that simply means the car you have is older than whatever demo period the radio came with.

Since it's an unadvertised, free perk, the best way to look at it is to simply consider yourself lucky when you get it. :)

pinworm Jun 7, 2010 9:45 am

Originally Posted by jackal (Post 14089986)
Thrifty does not pay for satellite radio.

On some vehicles Thrifty sources, the satellite radio may come with a few months or a year of free service, but then it deactivates, and since Thrifty does not pay for it, the satellite radio stops working.

When you have a car with working satellite radio, that means you have a fairly new car on which the subscription has not yet expired.

When you have a deactivated radio, that simply means the car you have is older than whatever demo period the radio came with.

Since it's an unadvertised, free perk, the best way to look at it is to simply consider yourself lucky when you get it. :)

See? I learn something new all the time! Thanks for the info..when I get to Thrifty Tulsa Airport this afternoon I will ask for a newer vehicle!

chemist661 Jun 8, 2010 7:42 am

Look for a Chrysler vehicle that is less than a year old as those have working Siruis/XM for a year.

Haven't rented from Thrifty in a while but they used to have alot of Chryslers. Otherwise, ask for a vehicle less than 3 months old.