Old Mar 14, 2015, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aBroadAbroad
Print Wikipost

Vegetarian Restaurants in Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2008, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: All My $$$ Went to CO (Plat) with a Lifetime PClub membership that got degraded to United crap...
Vegetarian Restaurants in Bangkok

Vegetarian Restaurants???

I am going to have a fitness freak with me who's a vegetarian on a few work trips with me. I know BKK and I know what I like... and it's not vegetarian so I've got no clue. I know one steakhouse that has a little salad bar but that is about it.

Anyone have any suggestions for locations with good salad's, salad bars, vegetables, etc.... I know thai food and he can get by at most places, but this guy is a handful and his idea of fun would be to source out full blown vegan capable places and I'd rather spend my time doing other things then looking for vegan food.

He's the type of person who would travel to five or six places to look at the place and menu and then decide which one to go back too.... And I'm the type of guy who would eat vendor food and I know my own places I like to eat at so I don't care to waste all day long looking for a meal.

Any suggestions would be appreciated...
Old May 11, 2008, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KosraeTV
Vegetarian Restaurants???
Any suggestions would be appreciated...
Is your colleague incapable of finding his preferred food?

I'd just Google "Bangkok Vegetarian Restaurants", or maybe he could do that? Lots of choices:

http://www.bangkokeguide.com/vegetarian.php

http://www.dininginthailand.com/restaurant18.asp

http://www.happycow.net/asia/thailand/bangkok/

Just about any restaurant will have vegetarian choices, including most open-air Thai places. There are many Indian restaurants here, some strictly vegetarian. This really shouldn't be that big of a challenge.
Old May 12, 2008, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: All My $$$ Went to CO (Plat) with a Lifetime PClub membership that got degraded to United crap...
Originally Posted by transpac
Is your colleague incapable of finding his preferred food?

I'd just Google "Bangkok Vegetarian Restaurants", or maybe he could do that? Lots of choices:

http://www.bangkokeguide.com/vegetarian.php

http://www.dininginthailand.com/restaurant18.asp

http://www.happycow.net/asia/thailand/bangkok/

Just about any restaurant will have vegetarian choices, including most open-air Thai places. There are many Indian restaurants here, some strictly vegetarian. This really shouldn't be that big of a challenge.
Gee thanks.... I was hoping for personal recommendations... but guess I just assumed folks would understand that since everyone is giving their recommendations here in this thread.

And yes the guy is pretty much a brick and clueless in many things... unfortunately he signs many large checks over to me and lets me travel 95% of the time without him.

And as I said.. I know thai food as I said I know BKK, he can get by in many locations but he will not be happy. I assume he wants more of a true vegan place like Tamarind over on Suk Soi 20. But I have never been there personally so don't know if anyone here can recommend places personally....
Old May 12, 2008, 12:53 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Assuming your colleague wants to avoid the "I ordered vegetarian" "This is just oyster sauce, no meat!" cycle, they may want to find out how to say "Buddhist Vegetarian".

There appears to be some information in this thread at another site:
Vegetarian in Bangkok/Thailand including this list of Vegetarian restaurants from The Bangkok Post:

Anotai -
behind Phra Ram 9 Hospital, Rama IX Rd.
Tel: 02 641 5366/70
Open daily except Wed. 10 am - 9pm
Contemporary vegetarian cuisine in an appealing Zen-style setting guarantees to make you come back whether you are a vegan or a meat-eater. Highly-recommended are the chef's salad, deep-fried tofu with lemongrass or wasabi mayonnaise dressing, any cream sauce spaghetti dishes, fig pudding and homemade sorbet.

Govinda
Sukhumvit Soi 22
Tel. 02 663 4970 Open daily 11:30 am-3 pm and 6-11 pm
This beautiful tiny Italian restaurant is hidden in a small arcade near the mouth of Soi 22. It is a place where you can have, out of a a hundred or so meat-free dishes, the most delicious Italian risotto, think crust pizza and "chicken stead: - all prepared without meat. For dessert, the gelatin-free panna cotta with warm raspberry sauce is recommended.

Kwuan Imm Je
Sukhumvit Soi 24/1
Tel. 02 259 6466
Open daily 11 am-2pm and 5-10 pm
Kwuan Imm Je serves up a decent variation of Thai-Chinese style vegetarian dishes such as sukiyaki, fried rice, and stir fries. The restaurant occupies a small shophouse in a narrow subsoi. The interior setting is like that of a non-descript, air-conditioned noodle shop and the atmosphere is casual.

Ob Oon
1519 Rama IV Road
Tel. 02 215 2374 and 02 215 4395
Open daily 8am-6pm
One of the most respected vegetarian restaurants in town, Ob Oon has been cherished among Bangkok's vegans for more than 20 years. The restaurant in a two-unit shophouse offers a wide variety of traditional Thai-Chinese vegetarian dishes such as fried gai see mee noodles, tord mun (fish cake), fried rise and "smoked pork."

Baan Suan Pai Sukaparp
304 Phahon Yothin Road, near Ari BTS station
Tel. 02 615 1583
Open daily 9am to 7pm
Head straight to
Baan Suan Pai Sukaparpis you are in search of a vegetarian food centre with pleasant surroundings and more than a hundred vegetarian options. Simply set in a nice old house with a spacious backyard terrace, the restaurant is a place where you can find anything from vegetarian classics, like a wide variety of rice with side items and soup and salad, to more sophisticated choices such as fish maw soup, Chinese-style por pia sod, larb, "duck" noodle soup and herbal and fruit ice cream.

Tamarind Cafe
Sukhumvit Soi 20
Tel. 02 663 7421
Open 3pm-11pm weekdays, 10am-11pm weekends
This smart looking restaurant-cum-art gallery possesses a modern and bright atmosphere and serves up modern European cuisine that has been cleverly prepared without meat. A good proportion of the menu confirms to vegan standards, with an all-day brunch menu offered at weekends. There are plenty of tea varieties from China, India, Japan, Taiwan and Vietnam as well as freshly-made fruit juices, smoothies and the like.

Vegetarian Cottage
41/19 Veibhavadi Soi 16 (Chokechai Ruam Mit Yaek 7)
Tel. 02 691 5083
Open daily 11:30am-2:30pm and 5:30pm-9:30pm
A fine dining restaurant situated at the end of a quiet residential soi in Sutthisan district, Vegetarian Cottage has for more than 17 years offered European fare prepared with imitation meat. Here you can find fake prawns, beef, chicken, salmon, pork and even bacon. Some of the best sellers include chicken fillet with lemon sauce, chicken cordon bleu, grilled chicken nam tok, deep-fried hotdogs wrapped with bacon and chicken nuggets.
Also there is a link to this travel menu which your colleague may find valuable:
Useful phrases for a Vegetarian in Thailand.
Old May 12, 2008, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Gee thanks....
You're welcome. The holycow link I provided lists 72 restaurants, most with multiple reviews. Any decent open-air Thai restauarant will have multiple good vegetarian options. Any Food Court will have stalls offering vegetarian fare, some exclusively so. Any of the post-paid Food Courts (MBK/5th Ave; Paragon, Central Chit Lom) will have good vegetarian options.

Tamarind is OK; I've only been there for events and parties, where food was provided, but the menu looked OK. I've eaten at some vegetarian Indian restauarants, all have been good, but who knows if your colleague likes Indian cuisine?

The Bug & Bee in Silom also has a lot of vegetarian choices on the menu.

Again, as I said, your task doesn't seem that challenging.

Whatever you do, do not take him to Khlongtoei Wet Market.

Last edited by transpac; May 12, 2008 at 2:08 am
Old Mar 2, 2009, 9:04 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
In Thailand, Vegetarians Find a Place at the Table

^ A recent article about vegetarian food in Thailand:

http://travel.nytimes.com/2009/03/01.../01choice.html

Slide show:

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/200...and_index.html
Old Jun 19, 2009, 8:46 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Help a vegetarian!

Mrs snic and our daughter mini-snic are vegetarians. Mrs snic is a bit concerned about finding food she can eat on our upcoming trip to Thailand. We like to try local places to eat, where communication with Thais might not be easy. I'll eat anything and enjoy trying to communicate with people with whom I don't share a language, so I'm not worried about me - but my wife will be unhappy if everything she eats has fish sauce in it!

So I thought it would be useful to carry a card with their dietary restrictions written in Thai, to show waiters who don't speak any of the languages we speak. Can anyone who knows Thai write the following in Thai letters and post it in this thread?

"Hello! My daughter and I do not eat beef, lamb, chicken, pork, meat or fish, but we like eggs and milk. Thank you!"

Also, if anyone can recommend vegetarian-friendly restaurants on Koh Phangan and Bangkok, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks very much!!!
Old Jun 19, 2009, 10:35 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Eating Bangkok!

Check out post # 215 here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thail...eating-15.html
Old Jun 19, 2009, 11:01 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Thanks, we've heard about the vegetarian festival in fall (and the NY Times article makes it look even more enticing). In fact, if we weren't traveling with a school-age child, we would have gone then instead!
Old Jun 19, 2009, 11:24 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
I've not had any problems communicating that I'm a vegetarian in Bangkok, but most of the places I've ate at do have English menus. My son, also a vegetarian, spent last summer in Bangkok and wrote up the following recommendations. I've ate at most of his recommendations and pretty much agree with his assessments. They may not be quite what you're looking for though, based on what you mention above. For Thai (his recommendations tend toward Italian), I would add Suan Thip, though it's in Pakkret. http://www.suanthip.com/

Vanilla Brasserie in Siam Paragon has a good selection of pastas, crepes, salads and sandwiches. Good quality for the price. (Have tried the mozzarella and tomato salad, spinach raviolis, passionfruit freeze.)

Le Notre in Siam Paragon has good desserts, and they provide neat dry ice boxes for take-away. A mini cake is about 3 USD. (Have tried the fioles des autmnes.) They also have gourmet sandwiches (of which few are
vegetarian) and tarts (such as a spinach tart or sundried tomato tart).
The tomato tart was a bit flavorless, but all tomatoes in Thailand are.

Bel Guardo Italian restaurant and wine bar in Siam Paragon has moderately priced (10-20 USD) dishes, including risotto, pastas, appetizers and salads. The black truffle gnocchi was bland, but the tomato Carpaccio was good (but monotonous by the end of the large serving). Provide decent, warm bread with good olive oil before food.
Often hailed as one of the very best Italian restaurants in Thailand.

The restaurants at The Dome, on the 64th -67th floors of the State Tower. Sirocco is quite good but expensive: a 75 cl bottle of San Pelligrino is upward of 10 USD, and a vegetarian main course is likely upward of 30 USD. When they wash their two story-tall windows, you get a nice view of the outdoor bar and the city. A small string ensemble performs nightly. Mezzaluna is another restaurant in the collection with vegetarian food. Since the tower has become more popular, the service and food quality has decreased a fair amount, but it is still worth the trip.

Salathip at the Shangri La has moderately priced Thai food (dishes centered around 300 B), but the environment is lacking. At dusk the mosquitoes visit even the indoor tables. The dancers and Thai orchestra could be entertaining for some, but are somewhat tacky otherwise. Their wine doesn’t seem to be stored perfectly, leaving many of their reds with a watery taste. The wines also have a very high markup.

Danube Best Coffee, located in the Times Square building, 2nd floor.
Good little café like Starbucks with OK waffles and cakes (e.g.
Toblerone cake and white chocolate cake). Don’t drink coffee, so can’t comment on their quality, but they have a wide selection of beans. Not worth a special trip, but if you're staying at one of the Starwoods in that square, it's fine.

Au Bon Pain in Thailand is pretty close to its American parents. Much cheaper in Thailand, though, at only 100 baht for a sandwich, versus nearly $7 in the US. (Located in multiple places, including Siam Paragon.)

There's a fondue place in Sala Daeng that was good. Not sure the name, but there are only two fondue restaurants in Thailand.

La noya (sp) rice barge diner cruise has quite good vegetarian Thai food. My favorite was the vegetarian lob variant. OK atmosphere on the river; the on-board dancers are a bit tacky.

Crepes and Co serves a good array of crepes. I suggest you eat dinner somewhere else, then visit this place for dessert. The savory crepes are a bit lacking in sustenance.

To Die For. This place serves many small dishes in a cool setting. And they have a separate vegetarian menu. http://www.todieforbangkok.com/menu.php

Last edited by l etoile; Jun 19, 2009 at 11:30 am
Old Jun 20, 2009, 1:52 am
Original Poster

I went though this before on other sites and you can try the happycow-site for fining things you need.

Many thai are vegetarians. The word for vegetarian is AHAN JAE (say it as jay) and if you use the word jae after a dish they will know without meat and will ask if you want KAI (egg). Veggie fried rice is Khao Phat Jae.

Since many Hindu-Indian (vegetarian) visitors go to Thailand it is VERY easy to get veggie food. I think you can also use the thai word MANGSAVIRAT to say you are veggie.

A list I was given... not created by me... is below...

The Whole Earth; 93/3 Soi Lang Suan, Ploenchit Rd.; 12 mins walk; Thai/Indian
02-252-5574; 11:30-14:00 / 17:30-23:00 Thai and Indian vegetarian/vegan dishes served.

Bawarchi, Hotel Intercontinental, 971 Ploenchit Road Indian & Zen Indian Chinese;

Food Centre, Central Department Store, 1F Central Department Store (TOPS), Chitlom Thai/Chinese Vegan. Vegetarian vendor at this food centre. 10-15 kinds of Thai/Chinese dishes and one soup noodles. Red rice.

Food Loft, Central Department Store, 7F Central Department Store, Chitlom Indian and Italian booths have dishes such as veg curry, dahl curry, veg samosas, tomato sauce pasta, Genovese pasta, margarita pizzas, veg soup

Amarin Plaza, Ploenchit Road ThaI
Food court, 3rd flr; 10-17;

Food City, Big C; 4F, Big C Ratchadamri Road Indian/Italian
Indian vendor called Mughal-Darbar at this food centre. Some vegetarian food from Spicio, Italian fast food place is available, too.

Mah Boon Krong Food Centre Top floor, 444 Phayathai Rd. Thai/Chinese
Food Centre, Vegan 10:30-21:30

Nova Kitchen, MBK 6th flr Phayathai Rd.; Chinese,
11-21

Ploenchit Center Sukhumvit Soi 2, 6th flr Thai
Veg food stall in food court

Al-Humaidan 4 Sukhumwit Soi 3 Egyptian
6555380; 10 - 02 . Arabian salads, hummous, foul.

Al-Husaini Sukhumvit Soi 3/1 Indian, Arab,
07-03

Nasir Al-Masri & Shisha 4/6 Sukhumvit Soi 3/1 Egyptian,
07-04

Bollywood, Sukhumvit Soi 4 Indian;
150m on rhs

Bukharah’s, Sukhumvit near Soi 7 Indian

India Today, corner Sukhumvit Soi 8 Indian
Above tailor shop.

Indian Garden, 15-17 Sukhumvit Soi 8 Indian
0-2653-3565; lhs;

Bawarchi, Am Plaza Sukhumwit Soi 11 Indian
10-02

Mrs. Balbir’s Sukhumvit Soi 11/1 Indian
Cheap

Dosa King ; 265/1, Sukumvit Soi 11/1, Indian,
Vegan-friendly ; 02-6511700; 11-23

Pasand, Sukhumvit Soi 12 Indian;
above Value Mart on corner soi 12;

Cabbages & Condoms, Sukhumvit Soi 12 Thai
11-22; 02-2294611

Crepes&Co ; 18/1 Sukhumvit Soi 12 French / Mediterranean ;
02-653-3990-1; 09-24 Some crepes are vegetarian. 400m rhs.

Sunrise Tacos, 236/3-4 Sukhumvit Road, near Soi 12 Mexican ;
Near Times Square; 02-229-4851; also vegetarian burrito’s

Rang Mahal ; 26F Rembrandt Hotel , Sukhumvit Soi 18 Indian;
02-261-7100; 11:30-1430, 1830-22

Shri Ganesh Restaurant, 392/23-24 Sukhumvit Soi 20/1 (between soi 18 and soi 20) South-Indian;
02-258-1425

Tamarind Cafe, 27 Sukhumvit Soi 20 Thai/Western
02-663-7421, 11-24 Expensive

Komala's; 15 Sukhumvit Soi 20 lhs, halfway down South Indian
Vegan; Fast food style South Indian. Nice and cheap food like dosa, veg burger, samosas. 02-663-5971; mon-fri: 11-22; sat-sun: 10-23;

Govinda , 22 Village, Sukhumvit Soi 22 Italian
02 663 4970; 18-24, closed Tue;, Vegan-friendly; All veg pizzas, pasta, mains and desserts! Mock chicken dishes

Lemongrass, 5/1 Sukhumwit 24, 2588637
Vegetarian meals on request. Opp. Emporium.

Kwan Imm Jae, 6/15 Sukhumvit Soi 24/1 Chinese
02 259 6466; 11-14 & 17:30-22:30

Indus 71 Sukhumvit Soi 26 (nr. Four Wings Hotel) Indian
02-258-4900; Expensive and very cosy Indian.

Hazara ; Sukhumvit soi 38 BTS Thonglor / 5 mins walk ; Indian;
02-713-6048; 18:30-23:30 Located at the Face (Face Bar, Lana Thai Rest. and Spa). Very nice atomosphere and delicious food.

Rasayana 57 Sukhumvit Soi 39 , Soi Phrom Mit, sub-Soi of Sukhumvit Soi 39 Raw Food Cafe;
Vegan, Organic; B100-200/dinner; 02-662-4803-5; 09-20. Outdoor cafe.

Lemon Farm Sukhumvit Soi 39 , Soi Phrom Sri, sub-Soi of Sukhumvit Soi 39
When reaching traffic Lights in soi 39 turn right (opp. street). 02-2041056

Big John’s Home Baked Pies & Guesthouse 159/12 Sukhumvit Soi 55 (soi 9 lhs) Thai, International;
02-392651; Mashed potatoes, pea soup, veg. Spaghetti, tofu burger, mock meat; 07-02

Tienjang Jae Food, 159/15 Sukhumvit Soi 55 (soi 9) Chinese/Thai;
02-382-1242; Small place; friendly; Mock meat dishes; Just before sub soi 9 A few shops in the corner.

Chijuya, 333/4 Sukhumvit Soi 55 (soi 17) Japanese, Taiwanese
02-259-6466; 2nd flr, Fifty-Fifth Plaza 11:30-14:30 / 17:30-21:30, Vegan-friendly; Delicious Japanese and Taiwanese veg food. Sushi, tempura, many mock meat/fish dishes, etc.

Mango Tree, 37 Soi Tantawan Surawongse Road,
02-236-2820. Separate pages in menu for vegs. Good atmosphere.

Bio Kitchen & Bakery, 425/15 Soi Phipat Silom Thai and international.
11-22:30

Namkang 5/3-4 Soi Phipat Soi 3, Silom Korean
2331480/2331483; 10-14 & 17:30–22. Variety of veg dishes like kimchi, seaweed soup, fried tofu with spicy dip, fried nori, pickles etc.

Aim-Boon Vegetarian Restaurant, 1497 Rama 4 (at Soi Chula 11 corner, nr. Th. Phayathai) Vegan, Chinese
02-2154296; Open Tue-Sun 09-19 closed Monday.

Suki Jeh Ru , Rama 4, 285 Soi Phraya Singhaseni Street, Chinese, Thai
(Opp. Bangkok Centre Hotel, north of Rama 4 Rd. near Hua Lampong railway & MRTA station)
02-2191721, 086-0689384. Open daily 09-22, except Wed from 17:30. Subway to "Hua Lamphong", exit 3, backtrack on Rama 4 (head east) for about 70 m. to Soi Trokphrayasinghaseni, turn left, restaurant is on the right with a sign in English, "Vegetarian”.

Yogi, 62 Soi Putha Osoth Surawongse Road Indian.
02-2361809. Closed Mon; 1130-21

Chennai Kitchen, 52/24 Thanon Pan Silom Bangrak South Indian;
02-2364299; 10-15; 18-2130

Mashoor, 38 Thanon Pan Silom Bangrak South Indian;
02-2349304; About 6 doors from the Indian Mariammam temple.

Slimbo, 29/18-21 Soi Sunvichai, Thai/Chinese
02-2030917. 11-24.

Anotai; 976/17 Soi Rama 9 Hospital, Hwaykwang MRT Rama 9 Thai, Organic,
Vegan-friendly ; 02-641-5366-70; 11:30-21:30 Closed Wed. Hidden place on west side of Rama 9 Hospital. Organic veggies ! Thai dishes, fruit juice and desserts.

Om Boon Vegetarian Food, 130/26-27 Phayathai Road (nr. Phayathai BTS)
02-2156988; Mon-Sat: 10-14;16-21; Closed sun; Extended hours during vegetarian festival;

Sirukul Mangsavirat, Tra Jae Food Centre next to Vanich Building TV3, New Petchaburi Road Thai;
02-9825094;

Robinson Department Store (Tops), Ratchadapisek Road Thai
Vegetarian Food-stall in Tops Supermarket - basement; 11-22

Taketei; 117/1 Tanao Rd., Banglampoo, near Khao Sarn Rd. Japanese
Aircon bus 511&512, ordinary bus 2,39,10&12 ; B50-100/dish ; 02-932-86731; 11:30-25:00
Go there if you want cheap Japanese vegetarian food in Khao Sarn area. Watch out for fish stock (katsuo-dashi) !

May Kaidee's Vegetarian Restaurant ; 117/1 Tanao Rd., Banglampoo, near Khao Sarn Rd. Thai,
Vegan-friendly Aircon bus 511&512, ordinary bus 2,39,10&12 ; B50-60/dish ; 02-932-86731; 8:30-22:00 Located at the back of Burger King. Standard Thai dishes such as Pad Thai (fried noodles), curries, mango desserts, etc. available with reasonable price.

Cafe Corner Samsen Road, Soi 2 (near Khao Sarn Rd) Thai, International,
Vegan-friendly ; B100/lunch or dinner ; 01-3424755; 07-25; Relaxing cafe, Thai and light Western meals.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 1:57 am
Original Poster

You can also use..

www.thai2english.com

type in words and it will give you the thai letters for the words, phrases best it can, and the pronounciation of the words...

Like if you type in vegetarian it will come up with....

เจ Jay Vegetarian food

แจ jàe closely ; everywhere vegetarian food ; vegetarian diet

กินเจ gin jày be a vegetarian

มังสวิรัติ mang-sà-wì-rát vegetarian ;

กินบวช gin-bùat be in initiated into monk ; eat vegetarian meal ;

กินแจ gin jàe practice vegetarianism ; eat vegetarian food ; abstain from eating meat or fish
Old Jun 20, 2009, 11:54 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Lots of posts on this topic in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thail...ml#post9708699 from post 134.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 12:48 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

The word for vegetarian is AHAN JAE (say it as jay) and if you use the word jae after a dish they will know without meat and will ask if you want KAI (egg). Veggie fried rice is Khao Phat Jae.

Since many Hindu-Indian (vegetarian) visitors go to Thailand it is VERY easy to get veggie food. I think you can also use the thai word MANGSAVIRAT to say you are veggie.
I'm originally Thai and agree with the first part completely - the key word is JAE. I've never actually encountered the MANGSAVIRAT word.

I don't think you'll have much of a problem out in restaurants - its more of a problem at "home". My partner is semi-vegetarian and we usually work out food with the cook before we arrive.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by peteropny
I'm originally Thai and agree with the first part completely - the key word is JAE. I've never actually encountered the MANGSAVIRAT word.
What do we dumb foreigners know Thai are so sweet they just smile and laugh and deliver the food we want no matter how bad our pronounciation is and I've been there for years. I actually got it from a Hindu Indian at a Veggie place hahaha so we can blame him.

Look at my poor spelling I think it is mang-sà-wì-rát as posted in my thai2english post...

But english is now my fourth language so I'll blame it on that ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.