Old Jun 18, 2017, 4:28 am

http://yachtcharterinasia.com/
http://www.epic-charters.com/

Most sites carry the same boats so if you want something special:
http://www.tigermarinecharter.com/
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:07 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by TravelPenguin
My family will head to Phuket in December and I was wondering if anyone could recommend any companies that charter a boat (the entire speedboat) to do tours like Phi-Phi Islands, etc. @Spartan 301 @devastor for elephant treks look into Elephant Nature Park. I've had friends try it and from my research seems to be the most reputable.
We used Simba Sea Trips about 3 years ago and were very pleased with them. I would recommend going out with them early as many if the attractions get crowded during peak season.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG, RC
Thanks cheltzel! I will definitely look into them. Though from what I've read on the forum so far it may not be advisable to go out with toddlers as the seas can be a bit rough and it all makes for a long day excursion. But I'll still look into Simba and thanks for the recommendation!
Old Jul 6, 2017, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by TravelPenguin
Thanks cheltzel! I will definitely look into them. Though from what I've read on the forum so far it may not be advisable to go out with toddlers as the seas can be a bit rough and it all makes for a long day excursion. But I'll still look into Simba and thanks for the recommendation!
Our trip was an early morning one on a fast boat. While it wasn't the roughest boat ride I have had it was a bit choppy. So I don't know how good it would be for really young children.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 2:37 pm

I'm not sure if this thread is still active but if it is... I am planning a trip in April 2018.

I would like to stay in an area that is not crowded, pool if possible and access to the beach. I will traveling solo for some R+R but would like to do some shopping and food.

I've already been to Bangkok so I would like to try a different city.

Thank you
Old Jul 13, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by Deafchick
I'm not sure if this thread is still active but if it is... I am planning a trip in April 2018.

I would like to stay in an area that is not crowded, pool if possible and access to the beach. I will traveling solo for some R+R but would like to do some shopping and food.

I've already been to Bangkok so I would like to try a different city.

Thank you
Whatever you do don't stay in Patong. Stayed for one night and it was a mistake. Crowded and stinky. We did enjoy staying in Karon which was about 20 minutes away
Old Jul 14, 2017, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by lvovsky
Hi everybody!

I got a decent miles redemption for two round trip tickets in J/F to Phuket for the beginning of April. Total stay is two weeks. Fist time in Thailand. We love being on the beach and would like to explore local stuff (food, night market, etc).

We are considering either Club Med (because we like the Club) or Hilton (because I can book most of the trip on points). Both properties do not have their own beach. Is that a usual thing in Phuket? Are there properties that you all can recommend that are on beach rather than across the road?

Another option is to spend one week in Phuket and another elsewhere. Ko Lanta has caught my eye. Is it worth island hoping or are there plenty of beaches in Phuket to explore?

In short: any hotel recommendations with beach property. Convenient scuba option is a plus.

Thank you in advance!
I am not an expert on Phuket at all, but staying across Hilton at the moment and hanging out there every day. The property is beautiful, there is a slight construction at the new wing but nothing disturbing. In front of it is Beach Ocean club and when you cross the road, the beach. This is a lone beach if I can say that, left or right you can get chairs and umbrellas, but I doubt you'd like the crowds. So, beach wise at Hilton is laying on a towel upfront. Pretty similar at Club Med at Kata Beach. I made it to Kata Noi and there is a property right on the beach, however same applies for chairs and umbrellas, the Kata noi beach in my opinion was best as a beach front property.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Whatever you do don't stay in Patong. Stayed for one night and it was a mistake. Crowded and stinky. We did enjoy staying in Karon which was about 20 minutes away
Thank you.

I was looking for lodging in Rawai (based on some threads here) but I will look into Karon as well.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K, AA CK
Just a heads up. Rawai is not beach front. It faces the bay and is not for swimming. Kata/Karon is a good choice. Great beaches but pay attention to surf warnings, very dangerous at times. The extreme south end of Kata near club med is usually pretty safe ocean access for swimming.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by pgrin
Just a heads up. Rawai is not beach front. It faces the bay and is not for swimming. Kata/Karon is a good choice. Great beaches but pay attention to surf warnings, very dangerous at times. The extreme south end of Kata near club med is usually pretty safe ocean access for swimming.
Kata is definitely the preferred beach in my view esp with a family. One of the problems with Karon is that you have to cross the main rd to access it and there is little natural shade. Though I did used to play volleyball there a lot....

Just avoid the para sailing at Kata, probably at all Phuket beaches as the operators whilst also not being the most safety concious guys tend to party most nights.
http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/gene...-at-kata-beach
Old Jul 19, 2017, 6:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Anyone see the tragic incident pertaining to the Para Sailing accident involving the aussie chap last week? Absolutely horrific.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by Yappofloyd
Kata is definitely the preferred beach in my view esp with a family. One of the problems with Karon is that you have to cross the main rd to access it and there is little natural shade. Though I did used to play volleyball there a lot....

Just avoid the para sailing at Kata, probably at all Phuket beaches as the operators whilst also not being the most safety concious guys tend to party most nights.
http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/gene...-at-kata-beach
At Le Meridien you don't have to cross the road.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 6:14 am

Any advice if grabcar is available at the airport?
Old Aug 7, 2017, 6:54 pm

Hello All,

I'm trying to make a decision on which resort to stay at for 5 nights in Phuket...here's my options...

1. Naka Island Resort - SeaView Villa with Plunge Pool, 4500 square foot villa

2. JW Marriott Khao Lak - standard hotel room with swim up entrance pool access , comp breakfast and massage each day for the 2 people

Naka we wouldn't get the perks but I'm OK with that. I'm leaving more to Naka as I feel it will be less crowded and more private with on 67 villas.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 21, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: Mabuhay Miles, Skypass, Eva Air, KrisFlyer
Hi would anyone have any recommendations for a nice HKT Airport hotel for an overnight, because our flights arrive late so we need to stay somewhere then our main resort will pick us up the next day.

We have stayed before at Perennial Resort but wondering if there is something better next to the airport?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.