Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

"Post any Sales, Promotions, Deals here" Thailand thread [pre-2014 archive]

"Post any Sales, Promotions, Deals here" Thailand thread [pre-2014 archive]

Old Aug 9, 2012, 9:47 pm

I'm just Gold, but the real-deal is C&P 1600 SP + $30.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by whackyjacky
I'm just Gold, but the real-deal is C&P 1600 SP + $30.
Agreed. With 20% discount, assuming you didn't have any *pts to speak of, you can buy 2000 *pts for $56. Taxes will push your room bill to ~$35.

$91 sunk and you miss out on breakfast and the one buffet dinner which kalboz has already mentioned is eminently skip-able.

For a $60 savings I'd be very happy to buy a bowl of soup at some local shop. And many cocktails.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:21 am

Kalboz is platinum, so he has many benefits you might not have. This offer doesn't make a lot of sense for platinums (as has been pointed out before).
Thank you for explaining! We don't have any status so it made sense for us. We bought 2 nights in February. The online price after taxes was THB 5,000 without any extra inclusions. We also chose to upgrade to a Junior Suite for an extra cost of THB 1,000 per night. Maybe we'll sign up for SPG program at the hotel!
Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:54 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
We love the Royal Orchid Sheraton .. here is our first experience at the ROS. The only thing I like about their ETC breakfast buffet, however, is the riverside location.

FYI, you can get upgraded at this property using SPG points. A price list is provided at check-in listing all such offers and corresponding price in cash or points. IMO, if you take advantage of what is on offer, it can be great value for money as the lounge is a great way to recharge and get ready for the evening.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
All tentative at this stage, but looking like a mid-Sep weekend visit to BKK.

Guys, after following this discussion and some thought I'm going to give the Four Points a go using the $US 30 + 1600 Starpoints option. I have 5000 that will otherwise go unused, and the reports sound as if the property is pleasant enough. So all-up 4800 Starpoints and USD 90 for 3 nights seems reasonable.

I see that the hotel is offering and upgrade to Junior Suite and breakfast for THB1500++ I haven't bothered 'running the numbers', but am interested in any comparative views of the 'Comfort Room' vs the Junior Suite.

Cheers, TK

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Aug 11, 2012 at 3:50 am
Old Aug 15, 2012, 1:07 am

The standard room at 4P is perfectly fine. The junior suite is about 1.5 times larger than regular guestroom with a pivoting TV cabinet separating the seating area and the bed. The Executive Suite is a true one bedroom suite with a powder room and a good sized sitting area.

If I had an option to upgrade to a Junior Suite for THB1500, I'd grab it, because IIRC breakfast charge (if you're not Plat) is about THB750 a person. If there's 2 in the party, the upgrade fee already covers breakfast.

Comparing room rate, facility, service and location, 4 Points is the best SPG property in Bangkok IMHO.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
The standard room at 4P is perfectly fine. The junior suite is about 1.5 times larger than regular guestroom with a pivoting TV cabinet separating the seating area and the bed. The Executive Suite is a true one bedroom suite with a powder room and a good sized sitting area.

If I had an option to upgrade to a Junior Suite for THB1500, I'd grab it, because IIRC breakfast charge (if you're not Plat) is about THB750 a person. If there's 2 in the party, the upgrade fee already covers breakfast.

Comparing room rate, facility, service and location, 4 Points is the best SPG property in Bangkok IMHO.
Cheers broadwayboy, appreciate your feedback. I'm a sucker for upgrading, C+P deals such as this.

TK
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:28 am
formerly known as 2lovelife
Original Poster

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Guys, after following this discussion and some thought I'm going to give the Four Points a go...

...I see that the hotel is offering and upgrade to Junior Suite and breakfast for THB1500++ I haven't bothered 'running the numbers', but am interested in any comparative views of the 'Comfort Room' vs the Junior Suite.
The standard room is "perfectly plain," with a small flatscreen TV/DVD, but carpeting, bedding, and washroom w/bathtub all much better than average.

Originally Posted by broadwayboy

If I had an option to upgrade to a Junior Suite for THB1500, I'd grab it, because IIRC breakfast charge (if you're not Plat) is about THB750 a person...

This is a great description of the Jr suite.

For me it's all about how much time you think you'll be spending in the room. I find the queen/queen room to be all I need. But, if you think you'll be in the room a fair amount, it may be worth it for the bigger living space.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Stumbled across this one while searching out something entirely unrelated. Haven't stayed here or even visited the property, but looks lovely. Passing it along even though time is running out...

The Siam Hotel (SLH, Virtuoso) has a Soft Opening Offer -- 50% off rack rates through 31 August
Old Aug 21, 2012, 9:24 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by mr&mrs
Stumbled across this one while searching out something entirely unrelated. Haven't stayed here or even visited the property, but looks lovely. Passing it along even though time is running out...

The Siam Hotel (SLH, Virtuoso) has a Soft Opening Offer -- 50% off rack rates through 31 August
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19150575-post466.html
Old Aug 22, 2012, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Accor Private Sale on!

Received my email notifying of this semi-regular 40-50% sale (not Sofitel though).

Hope this link works http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotels...te-sales.shtml

Cheers TK
Old Aug 22, 2012, 7:52 pm

Received my email notifying of this semi-regular 40-50% sale (not Sofitel though).

Hope this link works http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotels...te-sales.shtml

Cheers TK
Always some good deals w/these promos. 50% if you join Le Club. One might wanna go for one of those free platinum memberships too (check the Accor thread).
Old Aug 30, 2012, 1:59 am

Programs: CX Diamond
All tentative at this stage, but looking like a mid-Sep weekend visit to BKK.

Guys, after following this discussion and some thought I'm going to give the Four Points a go using the $US 30 + 1600 Starpoints option. I have 5000 that will otherwise go unused, and the reports sound as if the property is pleasant enough. So all-up 4800 Starpoints and USD 90 for 3 nights seems reasonable.

I see that the hotel is offering and upgrade to Junior Suite and breakfast for THB1500++ I haven't bothered 'running the numbers', but am interested in any comparative views of the 'Comfort Room' vs the Junior Suite.

Cheers, TK
I popped over to the FP while staying at the Sheraton Grande.

Location is OK a short distance up Soi 15. Lobby seems nice. Went to the bar for dinner drawn by the 2 for 1 offer on beers leaflet in my hotel room.

Bait and switch. 2-1 is only on limited number of beers. If you decide to eat there avoid the burger like the plague. Worst food I've had in years. Obviously cooked from frozen mass produced packet.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mdevans
I popped over to the FP while staying at the Sheraton Grande.

Location is OK a short distance up Soi 15. Lobby seems nice. Went to the bar for dinner drawn by the 2 for 1 offer on beers leaflet in my hotel room.

Bait and switch. 2-1 is only on limited number of beers. If you decide to eat there avoid the burger like the plague. Worst food I've had in years. Obviously cooked from frozen mass produced packet.
Was it really Bait & Switch? or just a poorly written offer, or fine print - I've 'suffered' both of the latter ...

Thanks for the observations. TK
Old Sep 10, 2012, 8:35 am

I have posted a mistake rate of €11 (single) at the Novotel Siam Square, on the Hotel Deals forum.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.