"Post any Sales, Promotions, Deals here" Thailand thread [pre-2014 archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Post any Sales, Promotions, Deals here" Thailand thread [pre-2014 archive]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2009, 1:04 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by paul2
I have just come across this article on a promotion which might interest some people :
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090901...s-e1d36ba.html
http://www.ultimatethailandexplorer.com/
Old Sep 3, 2009, 1:44 am

Lebua at State Tower

Expedia have a rate of Ł61 per night for a 1 bed suite at the moment. Normally a lot more i think. Does anyone know what The Lebua is like? I have booked to stay there in October...
Old Sep 3, 2009, 5:27 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by loubarella
Expedia have a rate of Ł61 per night for a 1 bed suite at the moment. Normally a lot more i think. Does anyone know what The Lebua is like? I have booked to stay there in October...
Have heard alot good things about The Lebua ... have dined there many time but never stayed there. The food and service are excellent. You gotta good rate there (about US$100 ai) which is better than what Wotif.com is offering. I would use FT's infamous search engine for hotel reviews on this property and I would also check tripadvisor.com

Cheers!
Old Sep 3, 2009, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by loubarella
I stayed at Lebua a couple of times during the past 4 years. At $100/night, it is a very good deal. The location is a short walk to the BTS, depending on the room you get, you can have a great view over the river, they have a good buffet, and good service overall.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by canred
I stayed at Lebua a couple of times during the past 4 years. At $100/night, it is a very good deal. The location is a short walk to the BTS, depending on the room you get, you can have a great view over the river, they have a good buffet, and good service overall.
Thanks - i'll let you know how I get on! hopefully it won't be too wet!
Old Sep 11, 2009, 6:53 pm

Bangkok Airways launches Best Buy Promotion

Bangkok Airways has launched a Best Buy Promotion offering reduced airfares to 8 domestic routes and 4 International routes.

One-way domestic flights start from 910 Baht while return international flights start from 4,500 Baht.

The promotion is available now and will run until 15 December 2009.

Bangkok-Sukhothai, Bangkok-Chiang Mai (One-way) 910 Baht
Bangkok-Phuket (One-way) 1,100 Baht
Bangkok-Trat (One-way) 1,300 Baht
U-Tapao-Phuket (One-way) 1,800 Baht
U-Tapao-Samui (One-way) 1,915 Baht
Bangkok-Samui (One-way) 2,785 Baht
Chiang Mai-Samui (One-way) 4,545 Baht
Bangkok-Phnom Penh, Bangkok-Ho Chi Minh City (round-trip) 4,500 Baht
Bangkok-Siem Reap (round-trip) 7,000 Baht
Bangkok-Luang Prabang (round-trip) 7,500 Baht

The Bangkok-Ho Chi Minh City sector is only available until 25 October 2009 as earlier this week, Bangkok Airways announced that it would be suspending four of its international routes.

The suspension of service to Ho Chi Minh City and Xian will be effective on 25 October 2009, while Hiroshima and Guilin will be on 27 October 2009 and 10 November 2009 respectively.

Passengers and Flyer Pass holders affected from these suspended routes should contact their local Bangkok Airways office or call 1771 or +66 270 6699 in Thailand for more information.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 9:38 pm

Can't use this promotion for one way Siem Reap to BKK for a November trip Our whole family is taking that route then onward to Phuket. Is it cheaper to wait until I get to Siem Reap and book it through an agent there?

Last edited by tuscanyx; Sep 15, 2009 at 10:06 pm
Old Sep 16, 2009, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
BKK-REP is regulated under an agreement between PG and Cambodian Govt. Not sure if the routes are yet genuinely 'open', but I suspect that there will be be little, or no, benefit in waiting to buy a REP-BKK in Siem Reap. Flights are basically expensive ......

Alternatives is to depart from Phnom Penh, wher you could select Air Asia to BKK etc.

Cheers, TK
Old Sep 17, 2009, 6:45 am
formerly known as 2lovelife
Original Poster

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
I noticed in the newspaper an dining promotion at the Intercontinental BKK. Get a dining voucher for the exact price of your food bill (up to 4000THB), to be used at your next visit; a 2 for 1, in a sense. When redeeming your voucher, anything in eccess of the voucher amount that is paid will qualify for a new voucher to then again be used at your next visit.

Can anyone provide a link for this? I didn't write it down.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 2:21 pm

Heads up!!!

Intercontinental Hotel Group (IHG) has another Great Asia Sale: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/...3DaySale_Apr09

The 3-day sale for BKK is coming up next week (booking for 3 days from Sept. 28th). Rates are valid for stays through 31 December 2009.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...merged-21.html
Old Sep 21, 2009, 4:24 pm

ZBT in Thailand

Save 50% on Next Night in Thailand

Tomorrow is looking up - for every night you pay our Best Available Rates rate, you can receive the next at a 50% discount. So whether you stay 2 nights, 4 nights or more, your tomorrows can be ...

http://thailand.destinations.starwoo...language=en_US
Old Oct 1, 2009, 7:26 pm

Plaza Athenee Bangkok Exclusive Promotion

This is another one from Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood) starting 2499 baht including breakfast ... here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...l#post12475456
Old Oct 8, 2009, 10:00 am

Programs: SPG gold, US Airways, UAL, Marriott, BA
Promotions for 2010

Anyone have knowledge of promotions for 2010? I will be in Thailand and Cambodia in January/February. Seems that everything posted expires by the end of 2009.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by lsk4jmi
Anyone have knowledge of promotions for 2010? I will be in Thailand and Cambodia in January/February. Seems that everything posted expires by the end of 2009.
Accor will start one soon ... let's hope the trend continues with other chains ^

This is also great for one night stays at the Suvarnabhumi Novotel:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...promotion.html
Old Oct 23, 2009, 1:37 am
formerly known as 2lovelife
Original Poster

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
I noticed the Sheraton hotel in Hua Hin has a 2500THB++ Starpicks rate; non-refundable. Sale expires in just under 24 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.