Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

"Post any Sales, Promotions, Deals here" Thailand thread [pre-2014 archive]

"Post any Sales, Promotions, Deals here" Thailand thread [pre-2014 archive]

Old Nov 9, 2011, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Mont-Fleuri
Your observations from the one photo of the shower unit is remarkable if that is so.
Alas, I'm not nearly that observant. A friend stayed there recently, and I had occasion to use his shower.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 1:16 pm

Accor 50% Off Sale

Some pretty good deals in Thailand & Bangkok (certainly not 1/2 off though) - Fenix Ploenchit $49, Muse $90, Chateau De Bangkok $36, Mercure Asoke $54, Pullman $54, Vie $46, Grand Sukhumvit $46 etc. Book the next 9 days, stay Dec 11-Feb. LINK:http://boardingarea.com/blogs/planen...le-for-9-days/

Last edited by whackyjacky; Nov 16, 2011 at 1:44 pm
Old Nov 16, 2011, 9:19 pm

Programs: no status
Originally Posted by whackyjacky
Some pretty good deals in Thailand & Bangkok (certainly not 1/2 off though) - Fenix Ploenchit $49, Muse $90, Chateau De Bangkok $36, Mercure Asoke $54, Pullman $54, Vie $46, Grand Sukhumvit $46 etc. Book the next 9 days, stay Dec 11-Feb. LINK:http://boardingarea.com/blogs/planen...le-for-9-days/
Nice - so which of these is the nicest hotel or best deal. I booked Adelphi Suites at substantially higher rate, so am wondering if one these may be better.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I just stayed 9 nights at Adelphi Suites in an Executive Suite (54m2), and had planned to book my Niece in the in Jan. The location is great, near to Nana BTS station - but I'm biased as we used to live in Soi 8.

The Exec Suite was great for Mrs TK with plenty of room and a great view. The washer drier was handy of course.r

I've stayed at a number of the Accor properties on sale, and make the following observations:

Grand Mercure Bangkok Asoke Residence. Serviced apartment style. Big 1-bedroom suites, but quite a walk down to the BTS. Better for long stay. Minimal facilities in reception area. I stayed here during the May 10 red shirts troubles. Flexible and accommodating staff.

Grand Mercure Fortune Bangkok. Older, regular hotel slightly off the Sukhumvit area. Immediately adjacent to the FortuneTown IT centre (similar to Pantip Plaza). Very handy to MRT (Subway) only 2 stops to Asoke (Sukhumvit Road). Nothing special to recommend it, but nice enough.

Grand Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok. Just behind Adelphi Suites, but off Sukhumvit Road Soi 6. Nice hotel close to the nana 'red light' area, which is full of activity. The Hotel is 4-500m away and quiet. Quite nicely appointed and can be excellent value in the 'sales'.

Pullman King Power. Haven't stayed, but friends have and they 'rate it' highly. Not in our usual area, so we haven't bothered trying it.

Quite a few new hotels as well. The Muse Lang Saun, and Novotel Fenix Pleonchit look nice. Bound to be some reports on these in the Accor section of FT.

Cheers, TK
Old Nov 17, 2011, 12:10 pm

I think I'm going to give the Fenix Ploenchit a whirl. The Muse is new and the best of the bunch (most likely). Nothing wrong w/the GS at 1500B. Didn't care for the Mecure Asoke, but the rooms are huge (I don't remember it being that far from the Skytrain either). Pullman is excellent, great pool, gym, & restaurants, & probably the best deal, but out by Phaya Thai & Victory Monument. ps: They've got good deals elsewhere in Thailand too. wj
Old Nov 19, 2011, 11:44 pm

Opens this month..http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-...platinum.shtml

A quick check on the bookings looks like rooms available from mid Dec. Promotion headlines rooms at 71. But same rooms can be booked through their website for as little as 47. Less if you have a loyalty card.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 11:52 pm

Banyan Tree Phuket - A Night for A Night Promotion

Banyan Tree Phuket has a promotion going on, buy one night get the next night free. Thru Mar 31st.

https://reservations.banyantree.com/booking/?search[hotel_id]=13&search[from_date]=12/01/2012&search[num_nights]=2&search[promotion_code]=P1F1
Old Nov 28, 2011, 7:27 am

Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong

Priceline have this hotel on ''special'' offer for the period 1st Dec through to
16th Jan at a very reasonable $81. Seems to be about 75-80 USD under budget when compared to other websites.

Reservation is prepaid but fully refundable up until a day or two before check in.

Hope somebody might find this useful.

Note:-

Posted this deal on hotel deals forum originally but mod's moved to online travel bidding forum. This deal has nothing to do with the P/L bidding side of things...it is a published rate and IMO is probably a mistake.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by chokdee
Priceline have this hotel on ''special'' offer for the period 1st Dec through to
16th Jan at a very reasonable $81. Seems to be about 75-80 USD under budget when compared to other websites.

Reservation is prepaid but fully refundable up until a day or two before check in.

Hope somebody might find this useful.

Note:-

Posted this deal on hotel deals forum originally but mod's moved to online travel bidding forum. This deal has nothing to do with the P/L bidding side of things...it is a published rate and IMO is probably a mistake.
This looks like a good deal. Would you still get Marriott points/stay credit for a Priceline stay? And would this qualify for LNF match?
Old Nov 28, 2011, 8:56 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
You will get Marriott points/stay credit for any monies paid directly to the property for the stay or incidentals.

Originally Posted by hard2please
This looks like a good deal. Would you still get Marriott points/stay credit for a Priceline stay? And would this qualify for LNF match?
Old Nov 29, 2011, 5:40 am
formerly known as 2lovelife
Original Poster

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
$1 Four points Sukhumvit rooms. Check the 4Pts BKK thread in the Starwood forum.

2 night minimum, 2nd night 2200THB++
Old Nov 29, 2011, 7:53 am

The Renaissance Bangkok deal now seems to have been pulled. Price is back up where it should be.

Another deal that seems quite good is for a new 4-5 * property in Soi Langsuan -The Rongratana Executive Residence .

Booking.com have it as a ''deal of the day'' at a tad under 30GBP a/i for bookings until 31/12.

The few early reviews on booking.com have been mixed with a scoring of just 6.9 so maybe this is why the hotel is having a flash sale on this site.

Reviews on Agoda are much better and the one review on tripadvisor is also positive.

As mentioned this is a flash sale and bookings must be made in the next 14 hours or so to get the 30 GBP (1450 thb) price.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 10:27 am
formerly known as 2lovelife
Original Poster

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
http://www.dusit.com/offers/re-emerg...d_return.html?

Stay at the Dusit and receive 50% of your room rate back as F&B credit!
Old Jan 4, 2012, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
I used to reliably pick up Le Meridien Bangkok for a reasonable price via the Wotif mystery hotel option.

However, it appears that wotif has a bunch of new descriptions and properties under its mystery hotels for Bangkok, and some of the descriptions don't even provide a clue as to what section of the city the property is in.

Has anyone booked any of the BKK mystery hotels lately and be willing to share the names of the properties? And it doesn't even seem that there is any description that would be Le Meridien anymore.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 3:16 am

Just booked the Adelphi Grande on Soi 41 for about 1600B/nite (ai) on Latestays. It usually runs at least 700B more. I like everything about the place. Short easy walk to Phrom Phong. I stayed at the Golden Tulip on Soi 20 a month ago, it's about the same price and it rocks. Brand new and all done up to a high standard. The bad news is that it's about a km from Suk (still a steal). wj

Last edited by whackyjacky; Jan 21, 2012 at 3:37 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.