Club Deluxe Suite
from THB 4,860++
from THB 5,310++

Premium Deluxe Suite
from THB 5,660++
from THB 6,110++
Old Nov 1, 2011, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by whackyjacky
OK, to make up for the last one, how about the new CP-T21 for 2500 on Latestays. All I know is from the pics, but take a look at this place ! Talk about prime location ! Right on top of Asoke BTS & MRT. I've yet to have a bad stay in a CentrePoint. Doesn't open 'till Dec 1 supposedly (that could be later). Just booked myself end of Dec. Hopefully it'll be open.LINK: http://www.latestays.com/grande-cent...and-residence/ wj
Was in BKK last weekend. While other malls such as Paragon and Siam Centre were eerily empty, Terminal 21 was bustling and fully crowded.. lacks branded names, but great shopping place for the younger crowd. I like it very much and look forward to stay in WGS during Loi Krathong... could hop across daily for some retail therapy, food and movie..flood notwithstanding.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 6:18 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by cln
Sofitel Centara Grand Bangkok

Now - 31 Dec 11
1 Jan - 31 Oct 12

Deluxe
from THB 2,160++
from THB 2,610++
Club Deluxe Suite
from THB 4,860++
from THB 5,310++

Premium Deluxe Suite
from THB 5,660++
from THB 6,110++
The Club Deluxe Suite is only 44 SQM, while the Premium Deluxe Suite is 52 SQM, barely suites ... but regardless, both get access to executive lounge. Thanks for posting.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 10:13 am

Just got an e-mail from the FourPoints. 2200B on weekends 'till Dec 31. Nonrefundable. wj
Old Nov 7, 2011, 12:19 am

http://bangkokhiptiquehotel.com/promotion.html
Old Nov 7, 2011, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Mont-Fleuri
Cool enough place in appearance, both interior and exterior. However,.... 1) The rooms are pretty much microscopic. 2) The water temperature control in the shower appears to have been fitted with some type of random sqeuence generator. The water will vary from very hot to cold and back frequently and in no particular, predictable or controllable pattern. The visible controls seem to have little relation to the temperature of the water dispensed.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 9:58 am

Location: Usually Paris and Rome, but could be just about anywhere
Programs: Flying Blue
Currently on Wotif, the Méridien is the mystery hotel for 3000B/night in Chiang Mai. I've never been but the recent reviews on tripadvisor are all favorable, and I was impressed with the thoroughness with which my e-mail was answered.

This quick trip north is one of lots of firsts for me. First time in Chiang Mai so obviously the first time at this hotel. It'll also be my first time in Chiang Rai, and my first Loi Krathong. My first time on Kan Air (from CEI to CNX). Loads of things to look forward to.

Last edited by vincentinparis; Nov 7, 2011 at 10:07 am
Old Nov 7, 2011, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Cool enough place in appearance, both interior and exterior. However,.... 1) The rooms are pretty much microscopic. 2) The water temperature control in the shower appears to have been fitted with some type of random sqeuence generator. The water will vary from very hot to cold and back frequently and in no particular, predictable or controllable pattern. The visible controls seem to have little relation to the temperature of the water dispensed.
Your observations from the one photo of the shower unit is remarkable if that is so. ^
Given the proximity of the hotel to the Bed Supperclub it perhaps caters to the hi-so regulars using it as a pierre de terre. And the state some of them that fall out of the place in the wee hours of the morning, i don't think the size of the bedrooms is a concern. Who they get in it, on the other hand..
Old Nov 7, 2011, 11:43 am

Thanks for the effort MF, but it's certainly not a bargain at 1800. It's less expensive on Agoda and Booking.com. Not to mention there's easily 30 hotels nearby that are better and cheaper. wj
Old Nov 7, 2011, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by whackyjacky
Thanks for the effort MF, but it's certainly not a bargain at 1800. It's less expensive on Agoda and Booking.com. Not to mention there's easily 30 hotels nearby that are better and cheaper. wj
You have me at a disadvantage there, having never stayed in cheap accommadation. I will take your word for it.^
Old Nov 7, 2011, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
You have me at a disadvantage there, having never stayed in cheap accommadation. I will take your word for it.^

You have us all at a disadvantage - what exactly is a pierre de terre?

Given the proximity of the hotel to the Bed Supperclub it perhaps caters to the hi-so regulars using it as a pierre de terre.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
You have us all at a disadvantage - what exactly is a pierre de terre?
My attempt at french humour
Old Nov 8, 2011, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
it perhaps caters to the hi-so regulars using it as a pierre de terre

Did you mean pied-à-terre?
Old Nov 8, 2011, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by mr&mrs

Did you mean pied-à-terre?
No I meant pierre de terre.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 11:20 pm

MF: Just as you missed the sale and promotion part of 'Thailand Sales and Promotions' you have somehow missed the humour part of 'French Humour'. The reader's like it better if sales are actually less expensive than the normal price and that humour actually attempts in some way to provide amusement. wj

Last edited by whackyjacky; Nov 8, 2011 at 11:30 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.