All remaining Covid travel entry restrictions dropped

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2022, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Thai ROP GOLD, SIA Silver Kris, QANTAS FF, Velocity Rewards, Emirates Skywards

Surprised this hadn't been posted - mods if I missed a post please delete

As of 1st October, no pre-travel or arrival documents, tests, or any other restrictions are in place for travelling to Thailand before flying or on arrival to the Kingdom
As with any new relaxation or change of rules, expect that the first week or two the airline check-in staff at point of origin may not be familiar with the changes - so have these on hand (official Thailand Gov infographics below)

LETTERBOY and slickrick11 like this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 2:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
I’ve just arrived. Immigration lines horrendous at both points.
no issue getting boarding pass at origin, no questions asked about coof.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by manymany
I’ve just arrived. Immigration lines horrendous at both points.
no issue getting boarding pass at origin, no questions asked about coof.
What time was your arrival? Last several times, I sailed through without any significant wait at all.
seavisionburma likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 4:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21
What time was your arrival? Last several times, I sailed through without any significant wait at all.
I posted while I was in the queue so it was about 3:30pm!

This guy was just in front of me (link is to where he filmed the queue). This was the "East" immigration point, I had already walked past the "West" immigration point which was even worse. Once at the top of the ramp it was a free for all to join queues for the booths. Maybe took 30 minutes to get through, if you picked a good queue. They appeared to open more up and started to let foreigners through the Thai only booths. Could have done with a bit more queue management, not sure why they've got rid of the snaking tensa barriers in front of the booths.

Probably isn't going to be like that all day everyday.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by manymany
I posted while I was in the queue so it was about 3:30pm!

https://youtu.be/-Y-ZyDOP7f8?t=143 This guy was just in front of me (link is to where he filmed the queue). This was the "East" immigration point, I had already walked past the "West" immigration point which was even worse. Once at the top of the ramp it was a free for all to join queues for the booths. Maybe took 30 minutes to get through, if you picked a good queue. They appeared to open more up and started to let foreigners through the Thai only booths. Could have done with a bit more queue management, not sure why they've got rid of the snaking tensa barriers in front of the booths.

Probably isn't going to be like that all day everyday.
Yeah, much busier than any time I have been through lately. Hopefully just a fluke and not an indicator of how high season is going to go...
Old Oct 11, 2022, 12:53 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
I arrived on 4th October, on a more or less on-time QR836 from Doha at around 1:30pm.

I had a tight connection up to Chiang Mai, and had been thinking there was a 50% chance I would need to buy a new ticket BKK-CNX.

Luckily however the priority immigration channel was almost deserted, and I was through in a couple of minutes.

My luggage turned up after only 5 minutes, so I comfortably made my original flight - and even had time for a G&T in the new (?) Miracle lounge before Concourse A.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 9:25 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Does this mean no chance of being quarantined or needing to get covid insurance which would cover the quarantine costs?
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 9:37 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by frappant
Does this mean no chance of being quarantined or needing to get covid insurance which would cover the quarantine costs?
Those requirements and risks have been gone for months (for vaccinated travellers)...
BinSabai likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 9:38 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Those requirements and risks have been gone for months (for vaccinated travellers)...

Thanks, I saw a website, probably not official and not updated, which had links to Axa insurance.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 12:39 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by frappant
Thanks, I saw a website, probably not official and not updated, which had links to Axa insurance.
only certain visa types (Non Immi OA) need insurance...normal tourists do not need one
Old Oct 13, 2022, 6:28 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Diamond
What is the current procedure if you get covid while in Thailand?
No need to report to anywhere? No venues testing customers at entrance? No risk of being taken to hospital with no symptoms?
Just stay in hotel until you feel ok / test negative?

Entry rules are clear.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 12:53 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by plain
What is the current procedure if you get covid while in Thailand?
No need to report to anywhere? No venues testing customers at entrance? No risk of being taken to hospital with no symptoms?
Just stay in hotel until you feel ok / test negative?

Entry rules are clear.
No need to worry - you will not be thrown in prison And no, there are no forced tests anywhere anymore (well except officially* for entering some offices and industrial sites, but guess that is not relevant to you )

* officially, in the sense that the requirement may exist but enforcement not so much (some companies may still have the official requirement, but not enforce - others may be different. In any case, all government mandated requirements are gone as of 1 Oct)..
plain and kevino like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.