Search

Advice needed for overnight hotel

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2008, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Advice needed for overnight hotel

Hi.

Planning a quick trip to Bangkok. Need to find a hotel near BKK (new one I think since I'm arriving from HKG late in the evening and departing to NRT the next morning).

Any suggestions?
Old Feb 25, 2008, 7:54 am

This thread should help you out. I've never stay at a hotel near BKK so YMMV. I'm sure others will chime in.

welcome to Thailand

drew

Edit: just saw this thread in TG forum. This Novotel is the transit hotel.

Last edited by ddrewboy; Feb 25, 2008 at 2:54 pm Reason: more info:
Old Feb 25, 2008, 12:21 pm

Distances are relative in Bkk and more often it's the time of day/traffic plus how long it takes you to get out of airport. With carry on luggage, sitting in business class, and sometimes a fairly long walk (two par 5's) to immigration, I have still consistently taken about one hour to get to Sukhumvit, near Soi 33 area.

I've landed on the non-stop TG flight from JFK at 1600 hrs, on Air Asia from KL at 2000 hrs and even mid morning flights.

Back to your specific question: also look at the Radisson Hotel, Rama IX Rd, about B125 from airport if the meter is used.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 7:47 am

The new airport has at least one hotel on or near the premises. You're probably better off staying there and, if you must, go downtown and back from there.

Only one night? Sheesh. Change your flight and stay a couple of days fer Pete's sake!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.