Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

BKK connection times etc.

Old Dec 11, 2006, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA BD SA

From what has been posted here Suvarnabhumi is vast - but becoming quite efficient. I would like opinions on what the mimimum transfer times are that one should allow for domestic/international and international/international connections.

In specific I am considering 2 possible connections:
1. Arrive from Krabi on TG connecting to CX international. Assuming TG will interline my luggage, will 1h25 be enough time for the connection. (It will be J to F, if that makes any difference.)

2. Arrive CX from HKG and connecting to Bangkok Airways to REP. I doubt CX will interline with PG. So will I have to clear immigration in order to pick up my bags and then check in for PG, pay the departure tax and clear immigration again?
Old Dec 11, 2006, 6:07 pm

Programs: ROP Gold, BD Gold, Asiana Club Silver
Krabi is one of the TG designated international airports which should allow you to pass through immigration in Krabi and be identified as a CIQ passenger. This means that upon arriving at BKK, you can proceed to the CIQ transfer desk, located on Concourse B, just beyond the intersection with Concourse A. There should be TG staff there looking for all passengers with the CIQ sticker and directing you where to go. From there I suppose you'll need to find the CX international transfer desk, which I believe should be straight ahead, right after you pass through the CIQ transfer point. Should be a piece of cake doing it that way, but even if you didn't go through immigration in Krabi, 1h25m should still be plenty of time.

Regarding your transfer to PG, if you are forced to go through immigration and collect your bags, then you will have to pay the 500 Baht (raised to 700 Baht as of Feb. 1, 2007), departure tax as you pass back through immigration. Try to see if it's possible to get your bags interlined as it will save you some time and money.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA BD SA
Thanks for that clear and thorough explanation, Soju. ^ Much appreciated.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.