Wiki Posts
Search

Fare help to BKK

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2006, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Fare help to BKK

I would like to make my first visit to BKK the end of Jan or early Feb. I would depart from the midwest through MSP. I have been noting the fares on the NWA site (my prefered airline) and they have been running about $1,400. I am use to flying to China for $800 and thought this quite a bit more expensive. Do I need to use a consolidator (any suggestions) or will there be a fare sale coming after Christmas? Would appreciate any tips or suggestions.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 7:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Check Malaysia Airlines. They are usually $700 or so plus tax. You can see their offers at their website. Its much easier to call to book and get fares. I usually cannot get the cheap fares online but am successful calling.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 8:06 pm

Try Cathay Pacific. Their website is advertising a discount fare to BKK. However, you would have to get to NYC or the west coast, I imagine.

Also, try the consolidator (I think its a consolidator) website: bt-store.com

They have some pretty cheap fares via American to BKK.
Good luck.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 12:14 am

deleted

Last edited by ajc1970; Dec 8, 2006 at 12:34 pm
Old Nov 16, 2006, 12:28 am

You're flying during the prime tourist months for Thailand. Difficult to find a good fare coming from the USA. And don't forget, BKK is 3-6 hours flying time from China depending on where in China you go. You might also try EVA Air.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 12:44 pm

Fly to LAX and get a separate ticket for LAX-BKK. LAX has the cheapest fares to BKK because of all the competition. You could also try thaifly.com but remember in Feb is Chinese New Year which is a huge travel time in Asia.

If you are a gambler, you can keep checking the NW fares. Promo fares may appear for a few days closer to your departure date.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 12:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by SaigonCyclo
You're flying during the prime tourist months for Thailand. Difficult to find a good fare coming from the USA. And don't forget, BKK is 3-6 hours flying time from China depending on where in China you go. You might also try EVA Air.
My experience is that it is high season for travel to Thailand but NOT from the US. Thai Air's nonstop is much lower in these months than the summer.

Malaysia low rates are good all winter-they end in May when US people start going on Summer vacations.

I find in Jan and Feb good airfare but higher hotel prices.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 12:30 am

I found better fares on Thai in the summer than the winter. I paid $2700 r/t on Business in August. That same ticket is quoting at over $4000 now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.