FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thailand (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thailand-624/)
-   -   Louis Tavern Dayrooms Now Open (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thailand/610646-louis-tavern-dayrooms-now-open.html)

Soju Oct 8, 2006 7:15 pm

Louis Tavern Dayrooms Now Open

The Louis Tavern Dayrooms are now open at Suvarnabhumi. After one failed attempt to find them, due to a temporary sign pointing in the opposite direction, I finally found them at the far end of concourse G. You have to walk through a long dusty and dirty construction area without any signs of life that will make you think for sure they aren't open yet, but if you reach the end, they are there. They don't have a phone installed yet, so you can't call to reserve a room. The bad news - the rates are much higher than at Don Muang where the price was just barely within the range to consider it acceptable vs. finding other accomodations outside the airport. Rates are as follows:

Standard Room
4 Hours: 2,000 THB
6 Hours: 3,000 THB
8 Hours: 4,000 THB
10 Hours: 5,000 THB
12 Hours: 6,000 THB

Suite
4 Hours: 3,200 THB
6 Hours: 4,800 THB
8 Hours: 6,400 THB
10 Hours: 8,000 THB
12 Hours: 9,600 THB

Even at those rates, all the standard rooms were taken last night and only suites were available.

Michael Oct 9, 2006 2:16 am

Extortionate rates aside, are the rooms themselves any better? I found the old dayrooms at Don Muang to be pretty decrepit, and the high school gym style communal bathroom to be awful. The occasions when I had to stay there (forced overnights with accomodation voucher from TG) were when I was most happy to have *G and lounge access...

- Michael

Scott218 Oct 9, 2006 7:44 am

Those rates are still lower than the what the Novotel is charging across from the airport.
I have a flight that lands at 11pm. I'm hoping to only spend about 6 hours at the Dayrooms before TG opens their lounge (at 5am??)

andrewp Oct 9, 2006 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Michael
Extortionate rates aside, are the rooms themselves any better? I found the old dayrooms at Don Muang to be pretty decrepit, and the high school gym style communal bathroom to be awful. The occasions when I had to stay there (forced overnights with accomodation voucher from TG) were when I was most happy to have *G and lounge access...

- Michael

I would love some more information on the rooms at the new airport. I have a 10 hr overnight layover at the end of November and I'm not sure if I want to fork over the dollars for the Novotel for such a short period of time. If the rooms are halfway decent and have private bathrooms then this might be a better deal.

Is there a website for this facility?

RWY02KTM Oct 9, 2006 11:22 am

Originally Posted by Michael

- Michael

Though i haven't seen the new day rooms, i think the don muang terminal 2 day rooms were pretty decent. The TG STPC voucher day rooms in terminal 1 had shared bath, but the other regular day rooms had attached bath, and were big rooms, and worth the money. I preferred using them when on overnight transit with really early departure. I should be in the new Dayrooms one of these days pretty soon.. will report then.

SorteeWammie Oct 9, 2006 1:14 pm

Day Rooms

The TG voucher were just the cheap rooms from Louis Taven.....
Both Term 1 and 2 were lousy, but after a 24 travel time frame and having 7 hours to my next flight a bed and shower looked pretty good.

Originally Posted by RWY02KTM
Though i haven't seen the new day rooms, i think the don muang terminal 2 day rooms were pretty decent. The TG STPC voucher day rooms in terminal 1 had shared bath, but the other regular day rooms had attached bath, and were big rooms, and worth the money. I preferred using them when on overnight transit with really early departure. I should be in the new Dayrooms one of these days pretty soon.. will report then.

Scott218 Oct 9, 2006 2:09 pm

Would be great to hear the experience (plus, if you can get their number, please PM me). I have a feeling it will be booked up in early January.

SorteeWammie Oct 9, 2006 2:55 pm

SuawannaBoom Day Room Number

They don't take bookings, I can tell you that I paid 200 Baht to get on top of the wait list one night giving me a room 2 hours sooner...

06-317-2211 is the number...

this is dumb for me but I beleive in passing info as I will be using the rooms soon and hope it is not full with FT'ers when I arrive.........

Originally Posted by Scott218
Would be great to hear the experience (plus, if you can get their number, please PM me). I have a feeling it will be booked up in early January.

Soju Oct 9, 2006 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by andrewp
I would love some more information on the rooms at the new airport. I have a 10 hr overnight layover at the end of November and I'm not sure if I want to fork over the dollars for the Novotel for such a short period of time. If the rooms are halfway decent and have private bathrooms then this might be a better deal.

Is there a website for this facility?

At 10 hours, it will run you 5,000 THB, plus you will have to reserve in advance if you want to be guaranteed a room. I'm not sure about their cancellation policy, but as of right now they said the only way to reserve a room was if you paid fully in advance, which sounded like perhaps there is no way to cancel. You can stay at the Novotel without restriction to change/cancel for only 3,500 THB per night according to their website. Even after adding on the 500 THB immigration fee (if you're transiting international to international), you're still 1,000 THB better off at the Novotel. For 4 hours, or maybe 6 hours, and if the rooms are decent (which they probably are being they're new), the Louis Tavern rooms might be considered a better alternative, but for more than 6 hours I'd personally never consider using them at those kind of prices.

Link for Louis Tavern Dayrooms only shows information for the now closed Don Muang airport, but hopefully they'll update it soon and/or you might be able to contact them by email for more information.

Soju Oct 9, 2006 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by Scott218
TG opens their lounge (at 5am??)

Yes, I just asked about that 2 days ago when I was at the lounge and they said they still have the same opening time of 5 AM.

SorteeWammie Oct 9, 2006 11:27 pm

10 hour layover

You likely won't be in the room for that long with free food and booze at most lounges...A factor no addressed is the time to go thru passport, get you bags and get back to the airport. the biggest reason I would put up with the lousy rooms at DM was I could get another 1-2hours sleep. Forget the Novatel unless you can get you moneys worth. I asked them, via phone the other day, and the rules were the same as at DM. First come first served. No they do take a list for the next open room and 200 baht go me to the top of tht list! I'll be gther very soon and PROMISE to hit the computer on my way out of SuwannaBoom!

Originally Posted by Soju
At 10 hours, it will run you 5,000 THB, plus you will have to reserve in advance if you want to be guaranteed a room. I'm not sure about their cancellation policy, but as of right now they said the only way to reserve a room was if you paid fully in advance, which sounded like perhaps there is no way to cancel. You can stay at the Novotel without restriction to change/cancel for only 3,500 THB per night according to their website. Even after adding on the 500 THB immigration fee (if you're transiting international to international), you're still 1,000 THB better off at the Novotel. For 4 hours, or maybe 6 hours, and if the rooms are decent (which they probably are being they're new), the Louis Tavern rooms might be considered a better alternative, but for more than 6 hours I'd personally never consider using them at those kind of prices.

Link for Louis Tavern Dayrooms only shows information for the now closed Don Muang airport, but hopefully they'll update it soon and/or you might be able to contact them by email for more information.

JackR Oct 10, 2006 6:26 am

Yes the rooms and the Novotel hotel itself is real good. Much better and cheaper than the Amari.
BUT !
You need to wait for a mini van to drive you the 300 m that separate the terminal and the hotel which is located the other side of the multi storey car park. Without luggage and if no rain it can be done but need some skill to avoid the still under construction areas.
You need to add the time of waiting for the mini van on the way in and out.

BHIL Oct 10, 2006 8:19 am

Anyone know if TG will use the Louis Tavern Dayrooms for their passengers with extended transit time in BKK by giving out vouchers? Or will there be another option? I hope TG will continue this service for transit passengers.

TonyBurr Oct 11, 2006 1:48 pm

[QUOTE=Soju]At 10 hours, it will run you 5,000 THB, plus you will have to reserve in advance if you want to be guaranteed a room. I'm not sure about their cancellation policy, but as of right now they said the only way to reserve a room was if you paid fully in advance, which sounded like perhaps there is no way to cancel. You can stay at the Novotel without restriction to change/cancel for only 3,500 THB per night according to their website. Even after adding on the 500 THB immigration fee (if you're transiting international to international), you're still 1,000 THB better off at the Novotel. For 4 hours, or maybe 6 hours, and if the rooms are decent (which they probably are being they're new), the Louis Tavern rooms might be considered a better alternative, but for more than 6 hours I'd personally never consider using them at those kind of prices.

I had an 8 hour layover last week and went to the Novotel. The rate quoted was what I got, but had to work on getting it. Also, you have to add the tax at the hotel. I think I paid a total of 4,100 Baht. But it was worth it! Rooms were great, very relaxing. They have a pool also. You have to pay for internet, and I thought it was expensive!

AAJetMan Oct 16, 2006 2:31 am

When I enquired at the Tavern Dayrooms Sunday 15 October, staff informed me that not only was the website not ready, but they didn't have any brochures. They provided me the following contact info:

1. PHone: 06 3172211 -- this was actually a CELL PHONE number to reach the dayrooms
2. FAX (for reservations): 024019311

By the way, when I enquired at about 0700 15 October the rooms were fully booked.

As for the Novotel, I did manage to walk there 07 Oct from the terminal (nobody I asked could direct me to the shuttle van which, as it turns out, stops at terminal exit door #4) but only after crossing 2 or 3 roads, several lanes of traffic, a parking garage and a lawn. On my return on 14 Oct I took the shuttle van from the terminal.

Novotel staff is very courteous. Spa was quite a pleasant indulgence. My room had minor electrical problems both nights (one week apart) which in both cases were fixed in minutes by staff. I did have a leak in the bathroom shower one night which spread water onto the bathroom floor. Also, I could not figure out how to navigate the static TV channel displaying limited flight information. Overall, I would not hesitate to stay again at the Novotel.