Wiki Posts
Search

Louis Tavern Dayrooms Now Open

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2006, 3:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Marriott Plat, SwissBel Gold
Originally Posted by AAJetMan
When I enquired at the Tavern Dayrooms Sunday 15 October, staff informed me that not only was the website not ready, but they didn't have any brochures. They provided me the following contact info:

1. PHone: 06 3172211 -- this was actually a CELL PHONE number to reach the dayrooms
2. FAX (for reservations): 024019311

By the way, when I enquired at about 0700 15 October the rooms were fully booked.

As for the Novotel, I did manage to walk there 07 Oct from the terminal (nobody I asked could direct me to the shuttle van which, as it turns out, stops at terminal exit door #4) but only after crossing 2 or 3 roads, several lanes of traffic, a parking garage and a lawn. On my return on 14 Oct I took the shuttle van from the terminal.

Novotel staff is very courteous. Spa was quite a pleasant indulgence. My room had minor electrical problems both nights (one week apart) which in both cases were fixed in minutes by staff. I did have a leak in the bathroom shower one night which spread water onto the bathroom floor. Also, I could not figure out how to navigate the static TV channel displaying limited flight information. Overall, I would not hesitate to stay again at the Novotel.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 3:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Marriott Plat, SwissBel Gold
Same Same at 2300 10/15

When I enquired at the Tavern Dayrooms Sunday 15 October, staff informed me that not only was the website not ready, but they didn't have any brochures. They provided me the following contact info:

1. PHone: 06 3172211 -- this was actually a CELL PHONE number to reach the dayrooms
2. FAX (for reservations): 024019311

By the way, when I enquired at about 0700 15 October the rooms were fully booked.

As for the Novotel, I did manage to walk there 07 Oct from the terminal (nobody I asked could direct me to the shuttle van which, as it turns out, stops at terminal exit door #4) but only after crossing 2 or 3 roads, several lanes of traffic, a parking garage and a lawn. On my return on 14 Oct I took the shuttle van from the terminal.

Novotel staff is very courteous. Spa was quite a pleasant indulgence. My room had minor electrical problems both nights (one week apart) which in both cases were fixed in minutes by staff. I did have a leak in the bathroom shower one night which spread water onto the bathroom floor. Also, I could not figure out how to navigate the static TV channel displaying limited flight information. Overall, I would not hesitate to stay again at the Novotel.
I could get a room as noted, see my SuwannaBoom Central post for info
Old Oct 16, 2006, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Overall, I would not hesitate to stay again at the Novotel.

Thanks for the information on the Novotel. Right now I'm betting that's my best option for my upoming overnight @ BKK.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ROP Gold, BD Gold, Asiana Club Silver
I was just checking the prices at the Novotel for an upcoming trip and a couple of things.

They currently have two options which are good for transit passengers:

4 hours for 1,200 THB (a MUCH better deal than Louis Tavern), but daytime use only.

All day for 2,000 THB (again MUCH better than Louis Tavern), but I don't know what the hours are that this is available.

Those above rates, and the rates I quoted earlier are for October. If you come in November, which is the beginning of the high season for Thailand, all the rates at the Novotel go way up...

5,000 THB for the best unrestricted rate
2,200 THB for 4-hour daytime
4,500 THB for all day

All rates plus 7% tax and 10% service charge.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
OK .. found these rates on a further search.

We arrive TG SYD-BKK at 11pm December 25, and leave for Hanoi at 7.50am so do not want to waste time leaving airport, doing immigration, and ALSO incurring 1000 THB Tax!

Anyone got any idea which terminal SYD flight arrives at, and which one Hanoi usually leaves from?

I'd be happy to paypal someone the dough if they are in the area before December 25, and could assist a TalkBoard member by pre-paying the room in cash or card for us.

At least we know we have a room locked in then, and can head right to it and catch some sleep and not waste hours.

I guess we can check bags thru from SYD-BKK-HAN ?
Old Dec 5, 2006, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by ozstamps
I'd be happy to paypal someone the dough if they are in the area before December 25, and could assist a TalkBoard member by pre-paying the room in cash or card for us.
Just sent you an email...
Old Dec 5, 2006, 12:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: TG -*Gold, AF-Silver, Asia Miles, BA-Silver, AMEX Green-MR
Originally Posted by ozstamps
OK .. found these rates on a further search.

We arrive TG SYD-BKK at 11pm December 25, and leave for Hanoi at 7.50am so do not want to waste time leaving airport, doing immigration, and ALSO incurring 1000 THB Tax!

Anyone got any idea which terminal SYD flight arrives at, and which one Hanoi usually leaves from?

At least we know we have a room locked in then, and can head right to it and catch some sleep and not waste hours.

I guess we can check bags thru from SYD-BKK-HAN ?

There's only one terminal in BKK, on your arrival you just take an escalator up to the departure floor - go to the transfer desk (if told to do so) and find out where the gate of your connecting flight is.

Checking bags thru should not be a problem as you're connecting to another THAI Airways International flight.

By the way, the aiport tax is still the same old B500 (very cheap compared to other airports, it's only like $12 cum'on). And do you really trust random strangers on the internet to be PayPalling them money? Careful m8.

Hv a fun trip
Old Dec 5, 2006, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skyrider007
By the way, the aiport tax is still the same old B500 (very cheap compared to other airports, it's only like $12 cum'on). And do you really trust random strangers on the internet to be PayPalling them money? Careful m8.
I was thinking the same thing about the departure tax, but then saw "we" mentioned in the OP, so would assume that is two people so 1,000 Baht total. I think Andrewp was able to actually make a reservation via a travel agent, based on one of his earlier posts, so hopefully he can tell the OP how to do likewise. I asked at the Louis Tavern Dayrooms last week about making reservations or paying in advance and they said the problem still is that they don't have their "communications system" installed there. They expect everything to be complete by around the end of December and should then be able to take reservations.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by Soju
I think Andrewp was able to actually make a reservation via a travel agent, based on one of his earlier posts, so hopefully he can tell the OP how to do likewise.
My reservations were made by the concierge at my hotel in Phuket. They were only able to do it after I provided them with the mobile phone number posted here on FT. It apparently wasn't a big deal, but it definitely took a native Thai speaker since they had to call the mobile phone to request the res, fax a copy of my CC to some other part of the LT organization, and then call back later to get the confirmation.
Old Dec 6, 2006, 12:41 pm

Programs: EBG
To me it seems like a more time spending activity to book this place, than to just go through immigration and into the novotel, and back again. I guess they need a few months to sort this out.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 1:15 am

Programs: United Premier
Question Avana Hotel anyone?

My BKK travel agent suggested a hotel called the Avana, about 20 minutes away, instead of either of the airport options. Has anyone tried this one?
Old Dec 7, 2006, 7:47 pm

One more detail on the LT dayrooms.

You are required to make a "key deposit" in cash which will be returned to you when you return the key. You can either post USD20 or THB500. No cash = no key = no room.

Overall I'm very happy with the dayrooms. Since it's nearly impossible to connect to/from the UA flights this is a very good and convenient option. It was nice to be able to sleep until 5:00AM, take a quick shower, and grab my BP at the transit desk... as opposed to getting up before 4:00AM, walking a mile inside the Novotel, waiting for the shuttle, waiting in line for the security BS before check-in, walking another mile to the lounge... etc...

Also, when checking in in HKT I had to beg the agent to stamp my BP as international (it was on a separate ticket from my UA flights). She insisted that there was no transit hotel and therefore couldn't leave me in the international terminal for more than 6 hours. She even made several calls and everyone told her that there was no transit hotel and to treat me as a domestic passenger. After some panicked begging she finally acquiesced and stamped my BP.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Thanks to andrewp for his kind offer to book a room for me.

I asked TG Sydney the day before I flew here to Florida to please "ask" if this was possible. I will know for sure in a few days when I get back if this was possible.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 2:24 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Would y'all feel safe leaving your luggage in one of these day rooms while you go out to the city? I don't know if there are other options for storing luggage and I'm a bit concerned as one of my bags is a carry-on laptop roller and there is no way to lock it. I figure that one of these rooms may be a better bet.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Would y'all feel safe leaving your luggage in one of these day rooms while you go out to the city? I don't know if there are other options for storing luggage and I'm a bit concerned as one of my bags is a carry-on laptop roller and there is no way to lock it. I figure that one of these rooms may be a better bet.
There are at least two left luggage counters at BKK. One of them is in the arrival hall, Level 2, between Gates A and B. The other is in the departure hall, Level 4, at the rear of the hall, I think somewhere around row P/Q if I recall correctly. The name is Chubb baggage services and they charge 100 Baht per day and they're open 24 hours. I think I'd feel safer leaving something there than in a dayroom.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.