Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

BKK 11:40 pm arr. 8 am dep where to sleep?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2006, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K HH Diamond

Arrive Bkk UA838 11:40pm 11/26 Depart 8am 11/27 to hkt on TG.

Airport hotel (Novotel) is $200.00 per night.

I understand there are rooms right in the airport but what I see on line appears to be at the old airport.

Is the TG lounge open all night and is it possible to sleep there? I am booked in business.

Other options?????????

Thanks for advice!!
Old Oct 28, 2006, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Check out this thread.

Unfortunately, TG lounge closes.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 9:43 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Moved to the Other Asia forum.

iluv2fly
Moderator, UA
Old Oct 28, 2006, 11:59 pm

deleted

Last edited by ajc1970; Dec 8, 2006 at 12:30 pm
Old Oct 29, 2006, 12:29 am

Programs: United 1K 3MM
Can anyone confirm that there is (or not) a transit (hourly) hotel there? The airport pre-opening information indicates there is!
Old Oct 29, 2006, 12:36 am

deleted

Last edited by ajc1970; Dec 8, 2006 at 12:28 pm
Old Oct 29, 2006, 1:30 am

Programs: United 1K 3MM
Originally Posted by ajc1970
i arrive BKK Nov 9, depart Nov 11, arrive again Nov 25, depart again Nov 27.

i'll look around and report back. i don't know yet though.
Thanks. My trip is in December so I will hold off on making other hotel reservations. It is not the cost of taxis, but the hassle of clearing immigration that is the issue.
Old Oct 29, 2006, 3:02 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Miles ‘n More, Thai Royal Orchid Plus
Originally Posted by MMProfessor
Can anyone confirm that there is (or not) a transit (hourly) hotel there? The airport pre-opening information indicates there is!
There are airside transit rooms there, run by Louis Tavern. They're quite expensive:

Standard Room
4 Hours: 2,000 THB
6 Hours: 3,000 THB
8 Hours: 4,000 THB
10 Hours: 5,000 THB
12 Hours: 6,000 THB

Suite
4 Hours: 3,200 THB
6 Hours: 4,800 THB
8 Hours: 6,400 THB
10 Hours: 8,000 THB
12 Hours: 9,600 THB
Old Oct 29, 2006, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by ff100
Arrive Bkk UA838 11:40pm 11/26 Depart 8am 11/27 to hkt on TG.

Airport hotel (Novotel) is $200.00 per night

Other options?????????
The Sananwan Palace is a small hotel in Bangpli, about 5 km from the airport (and maybe 10 km from the terminal) where rooms cost from 350 to 500 Baht (for an air conditioned "Superior" room) and it has a pool. It's not super-luxury, but if you just need a place to rest in between flights, just think of all the things you could do with the $190 you'd save! Well, the taxi there and back will probably set you back another $5. Not to worry...
Old Oct 30, 2006, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA 2P
Like the OP, my wife & I are arriving in BKK at 23:40 on UA838 and departing the next morning for CNX at 6:25. With such a relatively short layover, we don’t feel like we need to spend the money or deal with the hassle of going to a hotel. Does anyone know if it’s possible to spend this time somewhere in the airport, preferably with access to washrooms and maybe even someplace to sit/relax?

Any advice is much appreciated!
Old Oct 30, 2006, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by billp
The Sananwan Palace is a small hotel in Bangpli, about 5 km from the airport (and maybe 10 km from the terminal) where rooms cost from 350 to 500 Baht (for an air conditioned "Superior" room) and it has a pool. It's not super-luxury, but if you just need a place to rest in between flights, just think of all the things you could do with the $190 you'd save! Well, the taxi there and back will probably set you back another $5. Not to worry...
A poster on the Lonely Planet forum says that the Sananwan offered to pick him up at the airport and drive him back the next morning for 500 Baht. This avoids the problem of taxis not being able to find the place. So the total cost of staying there for the night in an air conditioned room including transportation would be 850 Baht. Just over $20. You have to e-mail them to request the transport. It's about 10-20 minutes from the airport if the driver knows his way. Personally, I'd consider it $20 well spent for the shower and the swim in the pool alone.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Further complicating these queries are the questions of checked luggage and where one plans, or is required to, clear Immigration and Customs. Also do you already have an on-ward boarding card? All in all it can be quite messy and convoluted, and different for each circumstance.

In some cases it might be best to clear Immigration and Customs at BKK, retrieve your checked luggage and then spend your layover landside (in the terminal or at a nearby hotel).

Or you might stay in the international/airside section of the airport, spend a few hours in a day-room or sleeping on the floor, then make your way to your domestic connection. Then you can clear Immigration/Customs in HKT/CNX, among others.

Intl'-Dom, Dom Arrivals and Dom-Dom connections can be very, very confusing at the new BKK, with little signage and uninformed personnel.

Thai has limited lounge capacity right now as most of their lounges have yet to open. At best any one lounge is only open 05:00 to 01:00.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 6:41 am

Programs: Bonvoy-lifeime Titanium,Amex Plat
Originally Posted by transpac
Further complicating these queries are the questions of checked luggage and where one plans, or is required to, clear Immigration and Customs. Also do you already have an on-ward boarding card? All in all it can be quite messy and convoluted, and different for each circumstance.

In some cases it might be best to clear Immigration and Customs at BKK, retrieve your checked luggage and then spend your layover landside (in the terminal or at a nearby hotel).

Or you might stay in the international/airside section of the airport, spend a few hours in a day-room or sleeping on the floor, then make your way to your domestic connection. Then you can clear Immigration/Customs in HKT/CNX, among others.

Intl'-Dom, Dom Arrivals and Dom-Dom connections can be very, very confusing at the new BKK, with little signage and uninformed personnel.

Thai has limited lounge capacity right now as most of their lounges have yet to open. At best any one lounge is only open 05:00 to 01:00.
My elderly brother of 70 years (who is also partly handicapped with a bad leg) and his wife will be travelling from Vegas to CNX via BKK in December. Their flight arrives BKK at late night around 12:50 A.M. from ICN and they connect to CNX in the afternoon. They are travelling in business class and ideally, would like to avoid getting the luggage out in BKK. Given the overnight in BKK, is there a way for them to check the luggage through to CNX? If so, I assume they will not be allowed to leave the airport and directed to the CNX gate area to wait for their flight. This will not be a problem, IF an arrival lounge (I know that there are issues with lounges at this time but they might be resolved by December!) was open, I am sure they would prefer to get a bit of rest at the lounge, have a shower etc. and catch an earlier flight to CNX.
Thanks in advance for any advice onthis matter. Mukesh
Old Oct 31, 2006, 6:56 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, BMI Gold, Subway Sandwich Mustard and was UAL 1K for 2010, now 1K for 2011 too :)
one more thing is the 500 baht per person departure tax ,

I am not sure how long you can leave the airport and not have to pay it

Rally

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.