Search

Thailand: Bangkok and ???

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2004, 6:30 am

Tipps Bangkog

Originally Posted by LH738
- Grand Palace: though opening times may further limit your time
- Klong Tour

If you have still time: Lying Buddha, Wat Arun, Golden Buddha.
There are also boat tours during late evening with dinner. I haven't done such a tour yet, so I can't comment if it is worth while.

Enjoy your birthday.
Thank you - alwaxs great to have such wonderful help!

Mery Christams to all of you!
Old Dec 18, 2004, 7:17 am

One more option

Hey there, Hope you can still get this before your trip. I've been to Thailand 3 times, and the third time finally made it to a place that was recommended to me since my first visit. It is the Jim Thompson House/Museum. Here is its website.

http://www.jimthompsonhouse.com/

In the heart of BKK and all of its amazing sights, as well as craziness, this museum down a side street really stands out and is unique. It is near a Skytrain stop (I don't remember which one) and I would say to go there when they open in the morning to avoid any potential crowds and to beat the late morning heat. They also have a cafe next to a garden area. It'd only take a morning out of your day, and would leave the rest of the day to hit other things.

Hope you make it there. It is worth it. Either way, have a great trip!
Old Dec 22, 2004, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; AA Platinum
Thank you, all, for the very helpful suggestions. Have just purchased tickets from Calcutta to Kuala Lumpur and then onto Bangkok. And, now comes the hotel search...

Thanks again and I will definitely post a trip report when I get back mid march.

D.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA former 1K MM
The United Vacations site
http://www.uv-asia.com/ind.asp
can give you some addiitonal ideas.
Old Jan 27, 2005, 3:23 am

Programs: Hyatt GP, Marriott reward, worldperk, six priority, radisson
.......Chiang Mai and Sukhothai !!!!!

Both Chiang Mai and Sukhothai are old capital of the regioin. They are more than 700 yrs. and lots of thing to see. Both cities are well kept as world heritage in many ways and worth visiting if you have time.

Good luck
Old Jan 27, 2005, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another FT'er recommended Royal Barge Museum which we found fascinating and interesting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.