Reload this Page >

Getting laundry done in Bangkok / best Bangkok laundry service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting laundry done in Bangkok / best Bangkok laundry service

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2012, 3:21 am

i would wash my clothes in the hotel too... and setup some type of contraption with what I have on hand so I can get the blow dryer to dry my clothes .

otherwise i have used the dry cleaning close to asoke station, ELS cleaning. they are good, but not cheap.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
120 THB/KG is still quite expensive, but for that area it might be the going rate.
Found a few places when I stayed in Sukhumvit that all charged around 120-150 per kilo. Which I was glad to pay at the time. But compared to Chiang Mai, where it was 20-50 everywhere, it was high.

Definitely like to know if anywhere cheaper near Sukhumvit.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 2:13 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by emax48
Found a few places when I stayed in Sukhumvit that all charged around 120-150 per kilo. Which I was glad to pay at the time. But compared to Chiang Mai, where it was 20-50 everywhere, it was high.

Definitely like to know if anywhere cheaper near Sukhumvit.
There is a place between Soi 8 and Soi 10 that does 60TB/kilo for wash/fold or 80TB/kilo if you want it ironed. Next to the Nai Bliss restaurant, it's justs a podium at the street level where you drop off.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Stay near Grand Hyatt Bangkok, any self-serve or by the pound laundrymat near by?
Old Apr 14, 2013, 4:12 am

Any info on laundry places near Four Points (Sukhumvit Soi 15), please? Preferably those with same day service.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 3:13 am

Washing.

First hand experience just this day - Soi 13 Suk, 200 meters up on the right hand side. No idea of the name but it is just past the Radisson Hotel.
8 kilos of washing cost 320baht washed, dryed and folded. Same day pick up.
No complaints from me - good service.

TKM
Old Apr 21, 2013, 2:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Global Entry
Sukhumvit Soi 18

About 100 meters down this soi is a massage place with a laundry in the back. I used this place and found it just fine.

Just a little past that is an older woman with a sewing machine. She is right on the sidewalk just before the Park Plaza.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 12:13 am

Programs: SPG Plat Lifetime, CX Diamond, LH SEN, TK Elite / *A Gold
Quite comfortable is "hi speed" laundry, which is used by default from hotels like the 4P for 'by weight laundry'. They charge around 80-100 baht with or without ironing. They get and deliver from and to your hotel in that area, so SGS, Westin and 4P are covered. I don't remember exactly what they charge for delivery... it might be somewhat around 60 baht.

They have a website, ah and i just see I was mistaken with the rates... on the website it's

60 baht / kg. (only wash)
90 baht / kg. (included pressing)
Regular 1 day. (next day)
Same day 50% Surcharge.
(..We keep service charge 15 baht..)

hmm, I always had ~480 baht for ~3,5 kgs.... doesn't make sense at all... if not the hotel was mingling into that...

anyway, I hope that helps, cheers
Old Apr 25, 2013, 12:15 am

Programs: SPG Plat Lifetime, CX Diamond, LH SEN, TK Elite / *A Gold
Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard
One more option is next to Tops (below Robinsons). When you go down to Tops via the stairs next to McDonalds, do not enter Tops itself but keep on your left. (There's an elevator back there, too, where you can directly come down from Robinsons.)

Used it about 3 years ago and it was ok. Not sure if it's still there, and I can also not remember services & timings offered or prices. Sorry.
This place still exists but only takes laundry per piece these days and not per kilo anymore.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 5:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG, HH Dia, PC Plt, Hyatt Plt, SPG Gld, Marriott Sil, Carlson Sil, Red Lion Plt
Originally Posted by FoodieOnTour
Quite comfortable is "hi speed" laundry [...]
I have used this place. They lost my clothes and then the owner started jumping up and down and had a tantrum. I never received my clothes back and even though I had just paid before I discovered that they lost my clothes, they wouldn't even return my money.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 6:17 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Soi 18 laundry

Originally Posted by atLAS, aLAS
About 100 meters down this soi is a massage place with a laundry in the back. I used this place and found it just fine.

Just a little past that is an older woman with a sewing machine. She is right on the sidewalk just before the Park Plaza.
I've used this place many times. Wash, dry, iron, fold....next day turnaround.

Also a place on Sukhumvit, between Soi 8 and Soi 10, just past the tailor shops and next to a small restaurant. Look for a podium at the base of a flight of stairs. Same deal - wash, dry, iron, fold, next day.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Also a place on Sukhumvit, between Soi 8 and Soi 10, just past the tailor shops and next to a small restaurant. Look for a podium at the base of a flight of stairs. Same deal - wash, dry, iron, fold, next day.
I've used this place, very reliable. The only problem for me is that like many of these places, they use so much fabric softener that my clothes come back feeling a bit greasy.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I've used this place, very reliable. The only problem for me is that like many of these places, they use so much fabric softener that my clothes come back feeling a bit greasy.
Never noticed that. The one thing that I don't like about this place is the tiny bits of colorful cloth they attach to the labels on your clothing - to keep it identified by customer so that you get it back. I'm relatively certain they do that because they throw everyone's clothes in together when they wash/dry.

I think the place on soi 18 washes each individual's clothing separately since they don't employ the bits of cloth method, though I don't know for certain.

Generally, I go to whichever is nearest my hotel.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Originally Posted by Sirhalberd
I haven't checked in several months but there used to be a laundry/internet shop on Sukhumvit Soi 8. You could walk or hop on the Skytrain to get there. This laundry/internet shop is located on the right side of Soi 8 with the Skytrain at your back. It is not too far from Sukhumvit Road. If you pass a bar called "We R 4 U" (left side) you went by it!

Ask about laundries and sewing ladies from at one of the nearby shop, they might be able to recommend someone closer.

Good luck.
Still there (am posting this from there, in fact). 4-hour turnaround and they charge by laundry-load at 1.5 or 2 kg (B140 and B180, if memory serves). Not the cheapest but the advantage is that they don't mix clothes with others', which cuts way down on errors and eliminates the chance of getting smell transfers.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 12:28 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by 168
Stay near Grand Hyatt Bangkok, any self-serve or by the pound laundrymat near by?
Bumping this thread.
I'm also looking for a laundry service (perf pickup and dropoff service) in BKK (staying at the grand hyatt)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.