Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Guide to Bangkok Eating: Restaurants, Street Food and More

Guide to Bangkok Eating: Restaurants, Street Food and More

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 5, 18, 3:30 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: aBroadAbroad
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 20, 11, 3:41 am

Location: Usually Paris and Rome, but could be just about anywhere
Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by dsquared37 View Post

I don't have a number to the restaurant, only Ong's number, which I obviously won't give out.

if any additional questions let me know.
Sounds great. I am trying to convince some of my fellow wedding guests that we should make a stop there, but do you have any idea how we might contact the restaurant beforehand, perhaps getting the number from Ong? I'd hate to show up with a group only to find that they can't take us.

Thanks again.
Old Jan 20, 11, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by vincentinparis View Post
Sounds great. I am trying to convince some of my fellow wedding guests that we should make a stop there, but do you have any idea how we might contact the restaurant beforehand, perhaps getting the number from Ong? I'd hate to show up with a group only to find that they can't take us.

Thanks again.
I'll see what I can do to get a number for the restaurant. I also don't think they take reservations, but for a group they might.
Old Jan 22, 11, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vincentinparis View Post

Thanks again.
My better half was able to find this for Ban Ong: 028892919. If you get there at 8PM on a weekend a table will be difficult to come across, otherwise you should be able to get something... depending upon the size of the group.
Old Jan 23, 11, 2:55 am

Location: Usually Paris and Rome, but could be just about anywhere
Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by dsquared37 View Post
My better half was able to find this for Ban Ong: 028892919. If you get there at 8PM on a weekend a table will be difficult to come across, otherwise you should be able to get something... depending upon the size of the group.
Thanks so much. I am finding inertia of the group hard to overcome so we may just head straight to Ratchaburi and the wedding, but if I'm in a smaller group on the way back to Bangkok, maybe we can stop in after the wedding (though what are the chances we'll want any food at all after a Thai wedding?).

In any case, it's now on my radar, and I have the number and directions. Thank you again!
Old Jan 28, 11, 12:52 pm
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
Bangkok Glutton Food Blog

Interesting article on "Dishes to Try Up North" from Bangkok Glutton food blog.
Old Jan 30, 11, 8:02 pm
rjh

Bankara Ramen

Saw this write up. I posted on the map at the position already listed, but which can't be found with map search for some reason.
Old Feb 1, 11, 6:27 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA Platinum
Can someone help me with the name of this restaurant? I want to meet someone there and feel foolish not knowing the name.

It is on the east side of Narathiwat Rd approx at the Chong Nosi BTS station, from what I remember. Tables are set up inside and outside, some along a wall perpendicular to Narathiwat Rd. It's quite popular, very inexpensive (call it "organized street food") and I remember seeing a write-up in a few places about it, so I think it is well-known. I went there a year ago, but for the life of me, I cannot recall the name. Anyone?
Old Feb 1, 11, 5:45 pm
rjh

Originally Posted by BangkokTraveler View Post
Can someone help me with the name of this restaurant? I want to meet someone there and feel foolish not knowing the name.

It is on the east side of Narathiwat Rd approx at the Chong Nosi BTS station, from what I remember. Tables are set up inside and outside, some along a wall ...
Is it in this view?
Old Feb 1, 11, 6:43 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist

It is on the east side of Narathiwat Rd approx at the Chong Nosi BTS station, from what I remember. Tables are set up inside and outside, some along a wall perpendicular to Narathiwat Rd. It's quite popular, very inexpensive (call it "organized street food") and I remember seeing a write-up in a few places about it, so I think it is well-known. I went there a year ago, but for the life of me, I cannot recall the name. Anyone?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/weiliin...th/4910586620/
Old Feb 1, 11, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Kung pao look good. Need to try it one of these days!
Old Feb 1, 11, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by rjh View Post
Is it in this view?
Thanks rjh and Kalboz. That's it, Lek Seafood.

Lek Seafood
156 Soi Phiphat, Narathiwat Ratchanakharin Road, Silom, Bangkok
Below the Chong Nonsi Skytrain Platform, EXIT 4
Tel : (02) 636-6460, 636-6054

MissKok and I and a friend are going there this Sunday night (Feb 6). If any FTers want to join us, shoot me a PM! Always nice to have more people to share dishes!

Old Feb 20, 11, 10:25 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Thanks rjh and Kalboz. That's it, Lek Seafood.

Lek Seafood
156 Soi Phiphat, Narathiwat Ratchanakharin Road, Silom, Bangkok
Below the Chong Nonsi Skytrain Platform, EXIT 4
Tel : (02) 636-6460, 636-6054
Both, the W Bangkok (Sathorn Square), and the Ritz-Carlton, in addition to many other 5-star apartment buildings will be opening very soon right across the street from Lek's Seafood and I hope this place will linger ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/3819593229/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/3820393198/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/asiacamera/5245850312/
Old Feb 26, 11, 5:22 pm
rjh

White Café

988/5 Noble Solo Condominium,
Sukhumvit 55, Wattana,
Bangkok, 10110
T : 02 714 7623
M : 086 023 8881

See this link for a review and some backstory. Currently doesn't show up on the Bangkok map.
Old Mar 5, 11, 6:41 pm
rjh

Thai Street Food Tour of Bang Rak

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=0bc1af0b05
Old Mar 18, 11, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL EZ TG AS
Originally Posted by transpac View Post
On the Cook's Tour show I noticed the cash register when Tony Bourdain paid for his seafood. I think it was something like 20,000 THB! I assumed he was buying for a lot of people!

There is quite a large selection of seafood. Dozens of crabs, lobsters and shrimps to choose from, along with just about anything else you can think of. Save room for some oysters displayed at the end, tasty at 35 THB ea. One cool thing is that you have an assistant who walks with you, gathering up the things you want. S/he walks you through the selections, including vegetables and fruit. For two people I spent $60 USD. There are preparation/cooking charges, maybe 100 THB per dish, plus beer/wine. In total I think we spent $90 USD for two. An equivalent dinner in the U.S., if you could find it, would probably run ~ $150 USD. I've been told there are similar establishments in Bangkok, that might be a bit smaller and less expensive?
I actually was there in 2008. The place is something to be seen. Dinner for two for about $70 USD. Going back in 2012 with the Mrs and that's one place we will visit.^

http://www.seafood.co.th/

Zeus

Search this Thread
Search Engine: