Community
Wiki Posts
Search

airline recommendation to thailand

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2003, 1:34 am
Original Poster

airline recommendation to thailand

Iam going to Thailand in January, looking at flights am wondering about business class on Cathay Pacific vs JAL vs ?????

anyone flown this route? thoughts? seating? meals? inflight perks? I wanna hear it all.

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 23, 2003, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Can't go wrong with either. CX would be through LAX, SFO and YVR and transitting in HKG (I imagine LAX is preferred). SFO is supposed to get the not-very-good old BC seats most of the time. JL would be via NRT and flying from the same gateways. IIRC, the JL flights generally leave N. Am. in the mid afternoon and arriving NRT late afternoon while the CX flights leave late evening (except for daytime YVR flight) and arrive in HKG early morning. If the JL itinerary forces and overnight, the airline wil provide accomodation in NRT on request.

If you can leave by 1 January and come back by 15 January, you can go by NW business class cheap. Strangely, it doesn't seem to be available from LAS, SEA, SFO and LAX for a variety of date but if you leave from Vancouver, it's US$ 1,870 inc. taxes and fees. Shows but not bookable on NWA.com; have to call to book. Itinerary is YVR-SEA-NRT-BKK-NRT-HNL-SEA-YVR. I am traveeling 31 Dec/9 January.
Old Oct 24, 2003, 9:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

TMK, JL still flies LAS-NRT several times a week and SQ flies LAS-HKG. If so, and connection times worked out, these would be my preferred options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.