Koh Samui Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Koh Samui Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2004, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Koh Tao looks very nice. Has anyone been there?
Old Jul 10, 2004, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Was there just last week for a day (only) of snorkeling. Took 1 1/2 hrs by speed boat to get there but was well worth it. The island, people and water were spectacular. Furthermore, the snorkeling could be enjoyed as the water was not filled with the same microscopic jellyfish that made the water off Chaweng Beach unswimmable.
Old Jul 19, 2004, 5:58 pm

Koh Tao is the diving factory in SE Asia. Both snorkeing and diving around Koh Tao is better than Samui. Many Samui travel agents offer day trip to Koh Tao. Another good day trip is the one going to the national park to see the mountain lake.

Koh Tao has more budget and medium priced places to stay. But if diving is the first priority, staying on Koh Tao is unavoidable becuase it takes 1.5 hr speed boat ride from Samui to Koh Tao. You don't want to do that 3 hr ride everyday if you dive.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 2:18 pm

Any info on the Amari Palm or the Princess Village? I'm looking for luxury at a rate of around $150/night. Is this possible on Samui?
Old Nov 17, 2004, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingtoIndia
Any info on the Amari Palm or the Princess Village? I'm looking for luxury at a rate of around $150/night. Is this possible on Samui?

We stayed at the Princess Village April 2004 for three nights. We loved this property, I think we were in a 2nd row bungalow, but quite honestly any bungalow at this property is perfect. Great service, nice restaurant, beautiful grounds, excellent beach and good location. Very highly recommended. Not sure about the Amari Palm, is that nearby? Maybe that is a bit of a bigger property, quite different from Princess Village.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by transpac
We stayed at the Princess Village April 2004 for three nights. We loved this property, I think we were in a 2nd row bungalow, but quite honestly any bungalow at this property is perfect. Great service, nice restaurant, beautiful grounds, excellent beach and good location. Very highly recommended. Not sure about the Amari Palm, is that nearby? Maybe that is a bit of a bigger property, quite different from Princess Village.
Amari does appear to be a big resort with pool, etc. Princess does look amazing...I'll be going alone...will I be the only "non-couple" there? It does look like a good honeymoon place......
Old Jan 9, 2005, 11:50 am

Programs: UA Global Services / Million Miler, Marriott Ambassador / Lifetime Titanium
Thai House Beach Resort

Does anyone have any experience with the Thai House Beach Resort, a relatively new hotel at Lamai Beach? You can see info about it here:

http://www.sawadee.com/samui/thaihousebeach/

or here:

http://www.thaihousebeach-resort.com/

I'll be staying in Koh Samui in early march with two friends, and this looks like an excellent option. We'd like something away from it all and relaxed during the day, with excellent and complete facilities, but with easy access to nightlife in the evenings. Thanks for any comments/recommendations.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 10:28 am

My wife and I stayed at the Amari Resort during that same time period several years ago and loved it - very nice service, great beach area, several pools, the $5/hour massages were wonderful - really couldn't ask for much more - at the time it was very well priced as well.

Originally Posted by Bungus
Hi there, I'm planning 10 days in Thailand 29 May to June 9th. I was told the weather is not so good in Phuket at this time of year and that Samui would be better.

Does anyone have any comments on the weather and any ideas where to stay on Samui. We will be staying 3 nights at the Pen in Bangkok and then thought of the Muang Kulaypan on Chaweng beach (apparently a boutique hotel) ?

Thanks for your help.

PS.: If anyone has any other beach destinations for that period in Thailand please go ahead.

------------------

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.