Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Traveling to Thailand from States. Vaccine question

Old Aug 25, 22, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

This is my first post on the site but have been following for a few years now. My wife and I will be traveling Business class on Singapore air from Newark to Phuket for the first time and we are pretty excited. From what we've read there are no longer any document requirements if we are fully vaccinated. We wanted to know if our CDC Vaccine Card is proper proof that we have been vaccinated? The reason I ask is I have seen some say to bring your digital copy of vaccination but we only have a physical paper copy. Thanks so much for your help and if any have successfully used their paper copy please let me know.
Old Aug 25, 22, 6:57 pm

Welcome to your first post on Flyertalk!

Not everybody in the US can get a digital vaccine card (myself included), so we're fine with the original physical CDC card. I used my paper CDC vaccine card under the previous rules (thai pass) and it was fine.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Aug 25, 22 at 7:04 pm
Old Aug 26, 22, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by derbra1513 View Post
This is my first post on the site but have been following for a few years now. My wife and I will be traveling Business class on Singapore air from Newark to Phuket for the first time and we are pretty excited. From what we've read there are no longer any document requirements if we are fully vaccinated. We wanted to know if our CDC Vaccine Card is proper proof that we have been vaccinated? The reason I ask is I have seen some say to bring your digital copy of vaccination but we only have a physical paper copy. Thanks so much for your help and if any have successfully used their paper copy please let me know.
Paper card should work from what I've seen but I believe you will also need C-19 insurance as well. I'm UN-vaccinated and was just there last month for a month. The only thing I needed was a negative PCR test (72 hours before departure) and COVID-19 insurance to enter for those who may be wondering. I found that Roojai Insurance (https://www.roojai.com/en/covid/) was the cheapest C-19 insurance to purchase @ $18/pp total.

For all the all the latest (good information/video's) information and the ability to ask specific questions, see the following--> https://www.thaiembassy.com/travel-t...l-restrictions

Hope this helps, Enjoy!
Old Aug 26, 22, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA
No more insurance requirement
EZjace likes this.
Old Aug 27, 22, 7:51 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by derbra1513 View Post
Just to confirm the various info above, CDC paper card is fine and there is no insurance requirement for entry.
Old Aug 30, 22, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM, AS, MR-LT Titanium, HH Gold
Is the 72 hours Covid Test Negative before arrival still required? For entry to Thailand, of course.
Old Aug 30, 22, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM, AS, MR-LT Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by allset2travel View Post
Is the 72 hours Covid Test Negative before arrival still required? For entry to Thailand, of course.
After poking around, found covid test is NOT required for those who are fully vax'ed.
Old Sep 20, 22, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Thanks all for your replies!
Old Sep 22, 22, 11:25 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Wonderful news today. No need for the injections or negative test from Oct 1.... and the USD reaches 37.40 vs THB. Highest since Aug 2006! Cannot wait to return to the Land of Smiles soon!

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...ols-from-oct-1
EZjace and goodeats21 like this.

Last edited by hockeystl; Sep 22, 22 at 12:17 pm

Search this Thread