Wiki Posts
Search

What’s Open During Covid Now- BKK?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2022, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
What’s Open During Covid Now- BKK?

Are things like the bars on Khao San Road open right now during covid? What are the restrictions of things open, if there are any restrictions?
Old Feb 13, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Are things like the bars on Khao San Road open right now during covid? What are the restrictions of things open, if there are any restrictions?
The bars in Sukhumvit are open. Especially the mix around Soi 7.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Is khao san road closed? Are the boxing matches closed?
Old Feb 13, 2022, 7:57 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Khao San is open but a bit different as it used to be... be prepared to show vaccination certificate
Old Feb 14, 2022, 10:21 am

Khao San is one of those areas that has the ATK testing outside, IIRC, just like some other nightlife areas (the bars at Central World, Soi Nana in Chinatown, etc). They were open but required a negative ATK test to enter.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 10:01 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by eccentricfusion
Khao San is one of those areas that has the ATK testing outside, IIRC, just like some other nightlife areas (the bars at Central World, Soi Nana in Chinatown, etc). They were open but required a negative ATK test to enter.
That’s worth it. An extra 500 baht cover charge, basically. I’d be willing to pay it.

I think G Bangkok (formerly known as G.O.D.) is still closed but DJ Station was able to open (maybe on a “restaurant” license?).

A major indoor EDM event during Songkran has decamped to Phuket for an outdoor beach concert, as staging a big event indoors in Bangkok in April would be basically out of the question. This event also requires daily antigen testing. Not enthusiastic to do it, would prefer we just live with this thing as endemic, but if that’s what it takes, ok, swab me and let me in.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by MegatopLover
That’s worth it. An extra 500 baht cover charge, basically. I’d be willing to pay it.

I think G Bangkok (formerly known as G.O.D.) is still closed but DJ Station was able to open (maybe on a “restaurant” license?).

A major indoor EDM event during Songkran has decamped to Phuket for an outdoor beach concert, as staging a big event indoors in Bangkok in April would be basically out of the question. This event also requires daily antigen testing. Not enthusiastic to do it, would prefer we just live with this thing as endemic, but if that’s what it takes, ok, swab me and let me in.
I think the tests were 150 baht, so not even 500 - the results are good for 72 hours, supposedly the QR code after getting the negative result is valid at other places doing the screening. I actually like the concept, as far as an extra layer of safety somewhat in high risk areas, but I'm not a drinker and didn't go into the bar areas (for obvious reasons). I could see it being an annoyance for those that frequent the areas, although plenty of bars elsewhere didn't seem to require any screening at all.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 11:18 am
Original Poster

I think it’s safe to say that the backpackers and the fun people who I would want to hang out with at the bars aren’t here anyway.

From what I’ve seen there’s a lot of creepy looking older, single white guys roaming around and I think I know their intentions.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 2:48 pm

Backpackers aren't really around but certain areas are really lively. CentralWorld bars appear to be mostly local Thai and the W District was as well. I didn't enter the CentralWorld bars but went to the W District a few times and it was very busy on the weekends. The party scene isn't anything like it was before though. I'm not a drinker so I wouldn't have any recommendations for that scene.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 5:11 pm

Programs: Thai Airways
Seems that you did not do much research before you came and went. Probably better that you are not here today when it is an important religious holiday.
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 6:22 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by maerim
Seems that you did not do much research before you came and went. Probably better that you are not here today when it is an important religious holiday.
Exactly my thought based on numerous posts, many of which having the answer a simple three-second Google search away..

Happy Makha Bucha Day

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.