Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Extending AXA Insurance

Extending AXA Insurance

Old Dec 30, 2021, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVPG 75K
Extending AXA Insurance

Has anyone had any luck extending their Covid travel insurance with AXA? My Cathay flight to SFO was cancelled (surprise!) and now flying JAL two days later so I need two more days of coverage. I emailed AXA four days ago and also reach out on Line - no response. Their FAQs state that extensions are possible but don't provide much info.

Also, does immigration check your insurance coverage period on your departure? Meaning, if I can't get the two more days insurance (which I really want), is it going to be a hassle at passport exit?

Thanks!
Old Dec 30, 2021, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by UALCASTRO
Also, does immigration check your insurance coverage period on your departure? Meaning, if I can't get the two more days insurance (which I really want), is it going to be a hassle at passport exit?
No, you could have cancelled it the day after you got here and no-one would have cared.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by UALCASTRO
does immigration check your insurance coverage period on your departure? Meaning, if I can't get the two more days insurance (which I really want), is it going to be a hassle at passport exit?
It could sure as heck be a hassle if you take your test to return to the USA the day before your flight, are positive, and are whisked off to the incarceration facilityhospital without coverage...
Old Dec 30, 2021, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tai4de2
It could sure as heck be a hassle if you take your test to return to the USA the day before your flight, are positive, and are whisked off to the incarceration facilityhospital without coverage...
Thatís what I am trying to avoid! 😁🇹🇭
Old Jan 2, 2022, 3:56 am

Axa non responsive

Also trying to figure this out. Axa is totally not responsive.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 7:39 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by thaitraveller
Also trying to figure this out. Axa is totally not responsive.
Well to be fair, this week had Friday as a public holiday as is tomorrow. Add to that, people are taking most of the week off in general, so I would expect a delay in response. Tried calling?
Old Jan 9, 2022, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Just to close the loop - AXA finally got back to me AFTER my insurance expired and 10 days after reaching out to them multiple times via email and Line. Line was more responsive than email and ultimately routed the request to the correct department.

Nobody at BKK checked that insurance was still valid at departure (as predicted).
Old Jan 9, 2022, 5:21 pm

Slightly unrelated insurance q. So let's say authorities want to place a visitor (tested positive, no symptoms) into forced quarantine, and the insurance lapsed.
How do they make a visitor pay? Take his credit card by force? Put him in a debtors prison until he pays up? Asking for a friend.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

My assumption was that my private insurance would cover me (Blue Shield) as I am covered globally for any illness that a doctor is treating.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.