Reload this Page >

the end of quarantine free entry?

the end of quarantine free entry?

Old Jan 27, 22, 9:00 am

Programs: BA GOLD, LF HH Diamond, IHG Plat/AMB
Thanks
Old Jan 27, 22, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Martellus View Post
I meant more on a BKK airport perspective. I would have everything in place for JAL for boarding (booked SHA+ hotel, itinerary, etc.), but I simply wouldn't actually go through Thai immigration when I arrive, and head straight for the transfer counters (assuming they're actually open?)
Transfer counters are not currently open. Unless things have changed since a few weeks ago (which I'm confident they have not) once you deplane you are guided through a holding area where all your paperwork is checked before you go through immigration. There is nothing else open and things are tightly controlled, there wouldn't be any choice but to go in the direction they herd you. Transfers are simply not possible right now.
goodeats21 and plunet like this.
Old Jan 29, 22, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
for your new test & go package, did you get separate confirmations for your day 1 and day 5 package? Even you booked both at the same hotel?
Old Jan 30, 22, 1:55 am
formerly dav662

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by thbe View Post
You can enter with a positive/inconclusive PCR test result and a proof of recovery letter (infection within 15-90 days before, there could be more formal requirements for that).

I don’t know what happens if you are recovered and your tests on day 1/5 are positive. That is a good question and a significant risk. As far as I know, it‘s not answered officially. The best idea is to ask the embassy/consulate of Thailand about that.
I have asked this and the reply I got was the official line. I need a Negative PCR test result on Day one. If I test positive I go into quarantine. That is understandable. But they would not even respond when I keep asking what if the result was Inconclusive? They did not reply to this.
thbe likes this.
Old Jan 30, 22, 2:32 am
Original Poster

I saw several posts in FB Groups, who stated, that despite a positive test on day 1, they did not have to go into quarantine as they had a recovery certificate (min 14 days and may 3 months old)
Old Jan 30, 22, 4:01 am
formerly dav662

Originally Posted by BinSabai View Post
I saw several posts in FB Groups, who stated, that despite a positive test on day 1, they did not have to go into quarantine as they had a recovery certificate (min 14 days and may 3 months old)
I wish I can get something official on this. Even the ATQ company is insisting that I have to get a negative PCR test on day one.
Old Jan 30, 22, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Davvidd View Post
I wish I can get something official on this. Even the ATQ company is insisting that I have to get a negative PCR test on day one.
the policy seems to change (according to the many reports of people affected), but I doubt you get anything official at the moment...
what is a ATQ company?
Old Jan 30, 22, 11:37 pm
formerly dav662

the policy seems to change (according to the many reports of people affected), but I doubt you get anything official at the moment...
what is a ATQ company?
Sorry aq.in.th. The AQ company for Thai pass application. They charge of course.
Old Jan 31, 22, 12:58 am
Original Poster

Sorry aq.in.th. The AQ company for Thai pass application. They charge of course.
ah ok. There seem plenty of such service companies now on the market...I do not think they can answer such questions
Old Jan 31, 22, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

just submitted my test & go application at 0500 CET after they reopened at 0300
took me around 15 minutes to fill out and load all documents carefully

pretty much the same process; you can upload day 1 and 5 reservation in one or in two documents

different are:
you get an access code, but no confirmation email anymore (so make a screenshot or write down the given access code)
it seems that the hotel needs to confirm first your reservation and then afterwards, they will check your vaccination....this could take a bit longer than before....
Old Jan 31, 22, 10:11 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)

pretty much the same process; you can upload day 1 and 5 reservation in one or in two documents

different are:
you get an access code, but no confirmation email anymore (so make a screenshot or write down the given access code)
it seems that the hotel needs to confirm first your reservation and then afterwards, they will check your vaccination....this could take a bit longer than before....
Absolutely insane process and requirements.
Old Feb 1, 22, 3:27 am
formerly dav662

different are:
Do you have to stay in the same hotel on Day 1 and Day 5? Or you can stay in any SHA Plus hotel that has the PCR test included?
Old Feb 1, 22, 4:16 am

Programs: Mucci - Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Do you have to stay in the same hotel on Day 1 and Day 5? Or you can stay in any SHA Plus hotel that has the PCR test included?
No you do not, you just have to have both pre-booked before applying for your ThailandPass.
BinSabai likes this.

Search this Thread